The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

History 2014/15

I'll be studying History at the University of Leicester this year and I created this thread so that people got to know each other prior to starting the course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm doing history too!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chananigans
Hey, I'm doing history too!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you staying for accomodation?
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Where are you staying for accomodation?

John Foster. You?
Reply 4
John Foster. You?

Mary Gee -_- I reckon it'll be a 'meh' place to live in but the social life should be great, and I save a ton of money :wink:
Mary Gee -_- I reckon it'll be a 'meh' place to live in but the social life should be great, and I save a ton of money :wink:

Wish I was!!
Reply 6
Wish I was!!

I got offered John Foster but I turned it down because it was going to cost £5,700 for 30 weeks -_-
I got offered John Foster but I turned it down because it was going to cost £5,700 for 30 weeks -_-

Yeah, mines 5,600 for 39 weeks haha. Self catered
Reply 8
Yeah, mines 5,600 for 39 weeks haha. Self catered

Damn! After food, roughly how much will you have per week to spend?
Hey Im doing history with american studies, in stoughton leys house which is really cheap but its on the edge of the student village
Reply 10
Original post by rainingmen
Hey Im doing history with american studies, in stoughton leys house which is really cheap but its on the edge of the student village

Nice! How much does your accomodation cost?
Damn! After food, roughly how much will you have per week to spend?

I'm 30 quid down without food :frown: hopefully my parents will help and I will just have to get a job :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! How much does your accomodation cost?

3500 for a self catered not ensuite room, where are your halls?
Reply 13
Original post by rainingmen
3500 for a self catered not ensuite room, where are your halls?

Mary Gee, but I've just been offered Gilbert Murray Stamford today and I'm not sure if I should take it. It'll cost an extra £1,000 but it is a premium single and it is catered
I'm doing history at Leicester too but I'll be living at home :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by minnie_moppet
I'm doing history at Leicester too but I'll be living at home :smile:

Oooo, nice! Is Leicester generally an active and vibrant city to live in?
Well I certainly think so! It's also a pretty relaxed place too though, not too much hustle and bustle
Im doing history at leicester too! So excited. I will be staying in John Foster Hall. Has anyone heard anything about a reading list or anything like that? Most of my friends at other unis have been given stuff to do over the holidays but I've had nothing...
Reply 18
Hey guys, good idea for starting this thread, im doing history too at Leicester and staying in John Foster. I don't know anything about a reading list for history but ill let u know if i come across anything :smile:
Original post by amyjane95
Im doing history at leicester too! So excited. I will be staying in John Foster Hall. Has anyone heard anything about a reading list or anything like that? Most of my friends at other unis have been given stuff to do over the holidays but I've had nothing...

I emailed the department and there is no reading list, we get given one when we start and go to the induction on 29th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending