The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just got an email from Imperial that I will be offered a place for the MSc Physics programme :biggrin: AWESOME !!! just feel like jumping around in circles ^^
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Um, why are you guys getting replies in December? Is it that earlier u submit the earlier the response?
If you had a reasonably good interview for maths (eg. one or two silly mistakes but demonstrated my maths aptitude and passion), how likely are you to get an offer?
Original post by Taimoor821
Um, why are you guys getting replies in December? Is it that earlier u submit the earlier the response?

Idk about undergraduate courses but for postgraduate courses this is true. They usually take about six to eight weeks to respond to postgrad applications. However, Imperial took longer than the other unis I applied to.
Original post by flobiie
Idk about undergraduate courses but for postgraduate courses this is true. They usually take about six to eight weeks to respond to postgrad applications. However, Imperial took longer than the other unis I applied to.

Ah I see, it's for postgraduate. I was worried for a second because I thought it was undergraduate. :smile:
Original post by thedarkzapper
Don't be. I was also really stressed out because I waited for 2 months and finally it came. All you need is patience. :smile: It will be fine.

Soooorry spoke too quickly ! Just got my interview, so happy and anxious at the same time :-) Do you know what time of questions are asked ? Is it more like a discussion or like at Cambridge, to solve one or two problems ?
Thanks !
Original post by Taimoor821
Ah I see, it's for postgraduate. I was worried for a second because I thought it was undergraduate. :smile:

what did you apply for?
Reply 2607
what questions did they ask?????
Original post by iPixelBlue
If you had a reasonably good interview for maths (eg. one or two silly mistakes but demonstrated my maths aptitude and passion), how likely are you to get an offer?

Quite likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2609
Original post by physicsmaths

You heard back yet mate?
Original post by george_b
Soooorry spoke too quickly ! Just got my interview, so happy and anxious at the same time :-) Do you know what time of questions are asked ? Is it more like a discussion or like at Cambridge, to solve one or two problems ?
Thanks !

Be up to date on research or things that interest you, why imperial and chemistry and know your personal statement inside out :smile: they sort of made a couple of small technical questions out of stuff on my PS :smile:
I have an interview for Biomedical Engineering tomorrow. I have no idea how to prepare for it lol. Will it be a lot different to an interview at Oxford?
Original post by Foxab
You heard back yet mate?

Nope. Nothing. My mate applied for chemistry like last week and got an interview straight away. I applied in October and I haven't got anything yet. Wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
One minute since maths interviews are this week. Does that mean I've either got rejected or offer straight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2614
One minute since maths interviews are this week. Does that mean I've either got rejected or offer straight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in identical scenario mate, I think they're doing February interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe they interview in the new year.
Original post by Foxab
Im in identical scenario mate, I think they're doing February interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok didn't know that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer two days back for MSci physics w/ theoretical. Sooo pleased!
Original post by DeuteriumPie
Got an offer two days back for MSci physics w/ theoretical. Sooo pleased!

Nice! Is it your first choice?
Original post by flobiie
Nice! Is it your first choice?

Yeah, definitely is. What have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending