The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peterith
Just got an email about location... is this an acknowledgement?

I just got that as well, I'm automatically subscribed to their promotional emails now that I've applied to them... I guess at least that means they have received my application.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Kolasinac138
I don't have one :s-smilie:

When did you send off your application?

7th October maybe?
When will invitations for the recruitment day or rejections be given out for Civil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Hey I'm applying for chem eng also and have imperial, Manchester and Birmingham in common with you!

hey that's cool! Meh I just got this email telling me about what London is like but nothing official yet. How about you? and sorry what subjects did you take?
Original post by SelinaUchiha
OMG O.o so weird how I want to do Chem Eng as well and I'm applying for 4/5 unis you're applying to. Them being Imperial, Manchester ,Birmingham & Cambridge for Churchill College!! I'm pretty similar ish in the way you might choose between potential offers.

Don't think my UMS was great enough for Cambridge so I'd probably go to Imperial if they gave me a place. Also, you told a girl in the thread that she should beg her school to let her do physics. I never even touched physics! Will this reduce my chances of getting in or what? :redface: :s-smilie:

I agree with you about the UMS haha
I'm not sure if it reduces your chances or not, but it is pretty relevant to the course, or so I've been told.
The first email I ever get from imperial after a month of sending off my UCAS was about how great London is, it said 'following your recent application to imperial we thought we should let you know how great London is....etc'
does this count as an acknowledgement?
Original post by SelinaUchiha
hey that's cool! Meh I just got this email telling me about what London is like but nothing official yet. How about you? and sorry what subjects did you take?

Yeah I think a few have received that email, I suppose it's their form of acknowledgement :tongue: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics to the full A Level! Yourself?
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Yeah I think a few have received that email, I suppose it's their form of acknowledgement :tongue: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics to the full A Level! Yourself?

I don't think it is, it's not from the admissions, just the generic uni. Imperial don't normally send confirmations
Original post by Poppyloufinch
I don't think it is, it's not from the admissions, just the generic uni. Imperial don't normally send confirmations

Oh ok, thanks!
Original post by Rainybird
Ahh, I've applied for Civil Engineering and haven't heard from them yet. Not even to confirm my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subjects did you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where did you write your grades on ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dianav99
Where did you write your grades on ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
List it under the education section I think?
But there are only the qualifications, meaning the exams, no? I am not from UK, though I dont think it is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 453
Hey, has anyone applying to the aeronautical engineering course got anything apart from the "London is great" email???
Original post by ads9297
Hey, has anyone applying to the aeronautical engineering course got anything apart from the "London is great" email???

Nope, I haven't received anything else either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
Original post by valaistunut
Nope, I haven't received anything else either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What other universities have you applied to and have you received anything from them?
Original post by ads9297
What other universities have you applied to and have you received anything from them?

I have applied to Bath, Bristol, Glasgow, Cambridge and, ofc, Imperial and submitted my application on 5 October or so. Bath and Bristol have sent me an email of acknowledgement, Cambridge a confirmation of receiving my SAQ. Glasgow has not sent me anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would any of you respond to the question 'why Imperial' without sounding cheesy or just obvious?
Reply 458
For me personally:
It seems focused on academics but is not overly traditional giving me the perfect learning environment
It's really multiethnic so I get to meet many people from different countries, a bit of variety
The student union seems kind of cool and supportive but the uni doesn't look like it would be overly supportive if you know what I mean. I would still want a bit of independence.

If you're short for ideas maybe just look at the ways Imperial differs from other unis and focus on those that suit you?
How long did it take for you lot to get a confirmation email for Imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending