The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lllllllllll
lol seriously? 99/100 is like impossible even in an easy exam.

Our exams work differently. 99/100 is like A*A*A
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Degiac
Our exams work differently. 99/100 is like A*A*A

Ahh I see :smile:
Reply 5582
hi guys.. did anyone else fail STEP II and given up on imperial? :'(
Original post by BWV1007
The normal offer for Chemistry is A*AA. Imperial ask for A*A*A from me - A*'s in Maths and Chem, A in Physics.

Would I get straight up rejected if I got A* in Maths and Physics and A in Chem instead? :s-smilie: This year's papers were pretty weird.

In general , this year's offer is exceptionally high!! (Probably, because the department has taken in too many students last year!)
I really hope that they will be lenient on the offer.
I found this paper pretty wired. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be pretty low and we can secure those A* s.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Racemic
In general , this year's offer is exceptionally high!! (Probably, because the department has taken in too many students last year!)
I really hope that they will be lenient on the offer.
I found this paper pretty wired. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be pretty low and we can secure those A* s.

So hoping that the grade boundaries are low! I've always felt that Physics was the hardest subject at A-Level but when I did my exams it was Chemistry. I'm thinking that I might actually get an A* in Physics. :angry:
Reply 5585
I got maximum at Maths and Physics (10) but missed the average by 0.17 (because of Literature, which is not even English). Do I have any chance of getting in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greetings Honourable Ladies and Gentlemen, Imperial Computing Department here.My offer was subject to obtaining GCE A level Grade A*AA respectively in Mathematics, Physics Further Mathematics and Grade 2 in Mathematics STEP Paper 1. The dilemma that I was confronted by was that as part of my US High-school diploma, I was compelled to appear in The College Boards Advance Placement (A.P) examinations which I had prepared for in high-school for I had taken the most rigorous courses. As part of my offer however, I had not received any mention of AP examinations. I just was interested to know if the AP results could play a role in fulfilling my offer requirements. My AP scores, are 5 - Calculus BC, 5 - AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, 5 - AP Physics C: Mechanics, 5 - Calculus AB (last year), 4 - AP Chemistry.Your critical yet response is essential, along with a solution to what I can do secure my offer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ya ali madad
Greetings Honourable Ladies and Gentlemen, Imperial Computing Department here.My offer was subject to obtaining GCE A level Grade A*AA respectively in Mathematics, Physics Further Mathematics and Grade 2 in Mathematics STEP Paper 1. The dilemma that I was confronted by was that as part of my US High-school diploma, I was compelled to appear in The College Boards Advance Placement (A.P) examinations which I had prepared for in high-school for I had taken the most rigorous courses. As part of my offer however, I had not received any mention of AP examinations. I just was interested to know if the AP results could play a role in fulfilling my offer requirements. My AP scores, are 5 - Calculus BC, 5 - AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, 5 - AP Physics C: Mechanics, 5 - Calculus AB (last year), 4 - AP Chemistry.Your critical yet response is essential, along with a solution to what I can do secure my offer.

Solution: E-mail them. Q.E.D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

I have just missed my offer due to Physics.
My results and what was required :
- Overall 80% needed, got more;
- Maths 85% needed, got more (around 86%);
- Chemistry 85% needed, got more (around 90%);
- Physics 85% needed, got less: i.e. 83%.

As you can see, I am very close to my offer. Do you think I have a chance (I'm not doing Engineering or Computing) ?
Also, should I call them when they receive my results (I imagine it will be on friday) or should I just wait and see ?

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ya ali madad

If it's not mentioned in their offer on track then they don't care.
Reply 5590
Original post by hariars
Hello,

I have just missed my offer due to Physics.
My results and what was required :
- Overall 80% needed, got more;
- Maths 85% needed, got more (around 86%);
- Chemistry 85% needed, got more (around 90%);
- Physics 85% needed, got less: i.e. 83%.

As you can see, I am very close to my offer. Do you think I have a chance (I'm not doing Engineering or Computing) ?
Also, should I call them when they receive my results (I imagine it will be on friday) or should I just wait and see ?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, they don't care about your scores and how close you were, they just look at the grades.
Original post by Buses
Unfortunately, they don't care about your scores and how close you were, they just look at the grades.

Thanks. So basically it implies immediately rejected ? Do you think I should call them?
Original post by Buses

Even for STEP?
Reply 5593
Original post by hariars
Thanks. So basically it implies immediately rejected ? Do you think I should call them?

What were your final overall grades?
Original post by Buses

Damn, they dont want people sending ums scores if offer is missrd?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Buses
What were your final overall grades?

I don't know. I'm taking the EB so it's the same system than A-Levels.
Reply 5596
have any current imperial students failed STEP but still got in?
Original post by dijam

No…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dijam

I know a guy who got A*A*AA with 3s jn step and they let him in. For straight maths. Duno if you count 3s as a fail but whrn people say they failed means a grade 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending