The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey does anyone have an idea / proof from Imperial website that not having followed the British curriculum is not a disadvantage or in the very least dont make me ineligible for Imperial medicine?

My PG is 44 IB points, but have no GCSE or AS. Any advice pls :smile: ? Just fyi I have taken many Bmat past yr pprs I get 6s and 7s for section 1 and 2 respectively and quite consistently.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by smilepeople
Hey does anyone have an idea / proof from Imperial website that not having followed the British curriculum is not a disadvantage or in the very least dont make me ineligible for Imperial medicine?

My PG is 44 IB points, but have no GCSE or AS. Any advice pls :smile: ? Just fyi I have taken many Bmat past yr pprs I get 6s and 7s for section 1 and 2 respectively and quite consistently.

If you look on the UCAS website it should say all the qualifications they accept, if yours isnt on there then email them and ask.
I want to apply for Chemistry at Imperial but I have a C in English language does any one know if there is any chance I will get in? (I am aware of the B rule)
How important are GCSEs, can poorer performances be compensated by good A Levels?
Reply 144
Original post by JackTeh96
Which college are you applying?

Christ College, you?
Original post by chem@uni
I want to apply for Chemistry at Imperial but I have a C in English language does any one know if there is any chance I will get in? (I am aware of the B rule)

0 chance.

It's a hard rule across the University and they have said they make no exceptions.
Original post by adorablegirl1202
How important are GCSEs, can poorer performances be compensated by good A Levels?

GCSEs are considered as part of the overall application, but AS and A2s are much more important. Although for medicine I think they care a lot more.

If they like your personal statement + things like EPQ they are much bigger factors.
Original post by liass
Christ College, you?

downing
Original post by JackTeh96
downing

Can you tell me anything about Downing, please? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, Hey guys, think I posted here a while back or somewhere else but I'll repost because my situation has changed. Anyways here it is:
PhysicsAS, Unit 1 :A ,Unit2: A coursework :C(retaking)
Maths WHOLE A level : C1,C2,C3: A C4: A* M1 and S1: B :frown: Overall A with 1 % off an A*. Retaking C3 to get A*
Economics AS: E
I have no GCSE.
I'm doing the whole FM next year as well as the whole French A level(I'm bilingual and its my 2nd language)
Predictions:A*A*A*A*
The reason my predictions are high is because I came from A different school system In another complete different country and therefore wasnt taught many stuff(It was my first time doing physics), Therefore I had to work hard to achieve these grades so my teachers expect me to excel this year and do much better cause.
IELTS: 7.5
I'm applying for mechanical engineering, what do you think are my chances of getting an offer/interview ?
Personal statement pretty good, did lots of stuff outside school etc, but no competitions or awards , never had opportunity to do that.
Original post by adorablegirl1202

When I went to Imperial college open day, I spoke to the head of admission and she said that they barely look at GCSE's, they only matter for medicine. If there is a particular reason why they are low compared to your recent grades, then your referee should mention it.
Does anybody have an idea of what accommodation would cost after the first year that isn't too far from the campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Can you tell me anything about Downing, please? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you applying there?? what course you doing?
the accommodation is really high standard first year!!
Hello. Does anyone know anyone (that knows anyone) that got into Imperial after re-applying? I got an offer for my 2nd choice. But I deferred it. I now want to reapply for my first choice, but I'm scared if I get rejected again, my 2nd choice department might reject me as well, thinking I'm not a 'serious' candidate.
NB* I think the reason I was rejected for my 1st choice was because the program was very competitive and I was still in my final year. But now, I've graduated, and with a 1st for that matter.

What do you think?
Original post by john__123
When I went to Imperial college open day, I spoke to the head of admission and she said that they barely look at GCSE's, they only matter for medicine. If there is a particular reason why they are low compared to your recent grades, then your referee should mention it.

Ok, thanks. I took up two of my weakest graded subjects to A-Level funnily enough so hopefully the improvement will be noted.
Just out of curiosity, when universities say "wear casual to interviews", how casual do they mean, or do they actually expect you to be casually dressed? Or is it just them saying that but actually everyone wears formal :/ Basically what's the dress code haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS application submitted!!
Original post by The Clockwork Apple

:redface:

Mine'll be off by the end of tonight.

Where else you applying?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple

SAME!
Original post by Iridann
:redface: