The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Accommodation is full?

I just received my student ID number in the post which is needed to apply for accommodation
However, accommodation is now full! I am freaking out. I'm an over sees student from Ireland!!
The guarantee said i would be fine to apply before the 27th but now it is full!
Could anybody help me?

Scroll to see replies

Me too! I'm a first year student. I've just seen that all the UNITE accommodation is full too. What are the other options?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Oh really! I looked at a couple of other places and they are all full! The Uni said they will try get temporary accommodation for us, but it isn't guaranteed. I'm a first year student too
Reply 3
Original post by elndun
Oh really! I looked at a couple of other places and they are all full! The Uni said they will try get temporary accommodation for us, but it isn't guaranteed. I'm a first year student too

When did you apply for accommodation?
Reply 4
I couldn't apply till I received my student ID number,thought I would be okay because of the guarantee before the 27th,
checked today and couldn't apply because it was full! I rang them got my student ID but there's nothing they can do it's
full! which is **** because it was their fault. But anyway, apparently there was a high intake of students so hopefully they will sort it for us!
If you already applied for accomodation, you should just ring them up, they are so helpful!
I was told that the Students Association might help but they have closed now for the day. The accommodation office has sent me a list of estate agents etc.
Reply 6
Aw god.. this is so so bad haha I hope they get back to me tomorrow! Would you be comfortable with other accommodation? I don't think I am.
This is awful! Me too! No, I'm not sure I am either... I'd be happy in private student halls but they are all gone too
Reply 8
yeah they are all sold out.. all we can do is wait and pray! What are you studying? :smile:
I guess so! Biological Sciences, you??
Anyone doing economics here?
Reply 11
Primary education.. I got biological science here haha it sounds so interesting :smile: My names Elaine by the way! Are any of yous going with friends?
I hope so! So does yours! I'm Katie. I don't know anyone going to Aberdeen..!! :K: Are you going with friends?
(edited 9 years ago)
I know someone who might apply through clearing, but i doubt they will. Looks like im alone too D:
Wahoo! We'll all be living in someone's loft!
Reply 15
When are you's moving over? WE CAN BE ALONE TOGETHER!
Well, if accommodation does work out then on the 9th. Wbu?
Hurraay! I think the 8th? Anyone else?!
Reply 18
The 6th, I have so much to do! I need to get familiar with the place too! When I hear back about accommodation
I'll post it here. You never know we could all end up together :smile:
Original post by elndun
The 6th, I have so much to do! I need to get familiar with the place too! When I hear back about accommodation
I'll post it here. You never know we could all end up together :smile:

I recieved an email from them, they said they'll get back to me. Fingers crossed it all goes well now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending