The Student Room Group

My AS results

I take AS Maths, Government & politics and Economics.

I got CCD (D in gov&pol)
In Maths i got A in C1(84/100)
B in C2(77/100)
E in S1(44/100)
In Eco i got D in Unit 1(53/100)
B in Unit 2 (75/100)
In gov&pol C in Unit 1(60/100)
D in Unit 2 (54/100)
Im still today very shocked at my grades i was predicted AAB for AS
if i retake my S1, Eco(1), Gov&Pol (2) i can still potentially get AAB.
The problem is i dont know if my teachers will be willing to predict these grades for me because of my AS and i really want to go to a top Russel Group uni because i know i am capable of doing so and anything but is a let down for me.
What should i do?
#Any type of advice would help greatly#
Original post by Moneymikes

I got CCD (D in gov&pol)
B in C2(77/100)
E in S1(44/100)
B in Unit 2 (75/100)
D in Unit 2 (54/100)
The problem is i dont know if my teachers will be willing to predict these grades for me because of my AS and i really want to go to a top Russel Group uni because i know i am capable of doing so and anything but is a let down for me.
What should i do?

You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...as it is not all about going to Cambridge or oxford-you dont have to go there to make something good out of your life so do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it

I got CCD (D in gov&pol)
B in C2(77/100)
E in S1(44/100)
B in Unit 2 (75/100)
D in Unit 2 (54/100)
What should i do?

You still have a chance to go to the uni you want to go to.
In A2 you can retake some of your AS exams which means you are still able to get As. I am in the same situation as you so don't give up.

Don't worry
Reply 3
Original post by cherry_heart2047
You still have a chance to go to the uni you want to go to.
In A2 you can retake some of your AS exams which means you are still able to get As. I am in the same situation as you so don't give up.

Don't worry

Do u think i can still get predicted AAB and if not then can i go through adjustment in the hope of finding a top Russel Group uni?
Do u think i can still get predicted AAB and if not then can i go through adjustment in the hope of finding a top Russel Group uni?

With the predicted grades, you will be predicated BBC because you got CCD. But this can change if you ask your subject teacher to predicate you higher and tell them you will go much better when you retake some exams.

Hope this helps.

I got CCD (D in gov&pol)
B in C2(77/100)
E in S1(44/100)
B in Unit 2 (75/100)
D in Unit 2 (54/100)
What should i do?

With those AS grades you probably won't be predicted high enough A2 grades for Russell Group universities - however you could either apply lower and then go through Adjustment, or decide to take a gap year and apply with your A2 results.

Quick Reply

Latest