The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mochassassin
You basically just gave my reply there too!
Mum was 18, dad was 26. Ideally, I'd like to wait until at least 24 too! :five:

I have three younger siblings too so I can relate with the stress. But I think it's so worth it since I love them to bits and without sounding too soppy, couldn't imagine my life without them. :ahee:

:five:

Awesome! I think 24's a good age to be thinking about having children, I can't imagine having kids as young as my mum did, especially as I'm already older than she was when she had me :redface:
21 and 22. I'd like to have children in my mid 20s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themorninglight
:five:

Awesome! I think 24's a good age to be thinking about having children, I can't imagine having kids as young as my mum did, especially as I'm already older than she was when she had me :redface:

Oh my gosh, same! 24 is just perfect.
I woke up on my 18th thinking, "My mum was the exact same age as I am today when she had me...and I still think of myself as a child." :tongue:
Reply 123
21 - my parents got married at such an early age and my mother gets compliments on looking so young :lol:
Reply 124
Mum was 25 and dad was 31.

I'll want to have my first kid at 27/28.
Reply 125
Mum was 28 and dad was about 37..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mum was 28 and dad was 34. Provided I don't die alone I'd like to become a dad in my mid-late 20s.
Original post by CaptainBrown
Mum was 28 and dad was 34. Provided I don't die alone I'd like to become a dad in my mid-late 20s.

Dude, don't say that! Best of luck to you. :biggrin:
Original post by Mochassassin
Dude, don't say that! Best of luck to you. :biggrin:

Cautious pessimism is always the way forward!
Original post by CaptainBrown
Cautious pessimism is always the way forward!

Aw.
36 for mom, and 39 for my dad. I have 2 older sisters and an older brother though.
My mum was 23 and my dad was 29. I'm nearly 23 myself, and I'd really love to have kids, but not anytime soon. First of all I want to be financially stable, which I am not right now, lol. I also want to make the most of my youth, getting all the partying and travelling out of my system, so that by the time I settle down I have as few regrets as possible. I also don't have a degree yet, and I'm still considering getting one, which would be nice to do before any kids come along.

So I guess around 27/28 might be an ideal age for me to have my first child. I still want to be a bit youngish and not too old when I have them.
Reply 132
My mum was 16 when she had me and 17 when she had my brother. She got her degree, worked her arse off and took us traveling around the entire world. She got better and better jobs and now she is semi retired at the age of 44 and lives in Portugal.

I had my first born at 20 years old.
I had my second born at 27.

We come from a very driven family, my brother has started his own business up from scratch but has no interest in having children.

Depends on your own personality really.

Latest