The Student Room Group

Have i chosen the right A-levels? Help!

I am going into sixth form in this upcoming year and i have chosen to do French, Music and History.

I want to go on to do something musical or something to do with a language (translating maybe).

At my school, French and History are A levels, but Music is a btec, will this stop me getting in to a good university? At the moment i am grade 6 on the flute and grade 4 on piano. By the end of sixth form i am hoping to be grade 8 flute and grade 5 piano.

Will they take my grades in to account? And are btecs actually classed as equivalent because i'm not convinced.
Original post by Ellabest18
I am going into sixth form in this upcoming year and i have chosen to do French, Music and History.

I want to go on to do something musical or something to do with a language (translating maybe).

At my school, French and History are A levels, but Music is a btec, will this stop me getting in to a good university? At the moment i am grade 6 on the flute and grade 4 on piano. By the end of sixth form i am hoping to be grade 8 flute and grade 5 piano.

Will they take my grades in to account? And are btecs actually classed as equivalent because i'm not convinced.

have a look at uni websites and the admissions sections
Reply 2
Original post by Ilovemaths96
have a look at uni websites and the admissions sections

I have but i can't say i've achieved much, i thought on here i could get some advice from people that have been in my position!
Reply 3
If it doesn't specify on the website you'll have to ring up/email the admission department and ask them , or you could ask on an open day! Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Reply 4
Original post by AlexJN
If it doesn't specify on the website you'll have to ring up/email the admission department and ask them , or you could ask on an open day! Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Ahh okay, thankyou anyway!!

Quick Reply

Latest