The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Which cell phone carrier??

Hey guys,
I would like to ask which cell phone carrier would you recommend me for the Guildford area?
As an international student I have no clue which provider in England is reliable. I am planning on getting an Iphone with contract and 4G. Appreciate your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Jancus
Hey guys,
I would like to ask which cell phone carrier would you recommend me for the Guildford area?
As an international student I have no clue which provider in England is reliable. I am planning on getting an Iphone with contract and 4G. Appreciate your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

EE have fairly good signal in the Guildford area, but their contracts are quite pricey, and you don't get that much data. They do offer 4G in Guildford already though.

I recently moved from EE to Three, and I now get unlimited data for less money than I was paying EE for only 1GB of data. The signal is pretty good, not quite as good as EE's, but I've not found myself in any usual areas of guildford without signal. They don't have 4G at the moment, but they say they're planning to bring it to Guildford by the end of this year, and it's already in many of the surrounding areas.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Dan1909
EE have fairly good signal in the Guildford area, but their contracts are quite pricey, and you don't get that much data. They do offer 4G in Guildford already though.

I recently moved from EE to Three, and I now get unlimited data for less money than I was paying EE for only 1GB of data. The signal is pretty good, not quite as good as EE's, but I've not found myself in any usual areas of guildford without signal. They don't have 4G at the moment, but they say they're planning to bring it to Guildford by the end of this year, and it's already in many of the surrounding areas.

Thank you for your reply :-)
I actually thought about the 3 as their prices are way lower then others, but i was little bit concerned if it is not for the matter of service quality. The Vodafone has pretty good deals too but i dont know about the coverage at Guildford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending