The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing UEA Jan 2015 start?

Hey! Is anyone studying adult nursing or nursing at UEA starting in Jan 2015???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jazz_
Hey! Is anyone studying adult nursing or nursing at UEA starting in Jan 2015???

Hey I am 😃😃xx
Hey I have sorted it all out!!Accommodation you just ring them around November to December time and then they will sort you out with a room xx
Aww congratulations and I got offered a place may/April for September intake but I missed out due to getting BBC in my a levels so they offered me a place for the January intake :smile: I am from Leeds and 18 years old
I might be having an interview for UEA next week for January 2015. Im from Driffield, East Yorkshire. Such a long way away.
Hey Guys I was recently offered a place for adult nursing at UEA for january and Im so excited :h: :h:
Im currently just starting to sort some stuff out like finance and bursaries. I will be coming from southampton which is about 4 hours away from UEA. bit scared...
Original post by Ace_12
Woow thats great, if you need any help with interview questions or interview procedures please do let me know, would be happy to help out in anyway:smile:. Well, I hope you do come to UEA, its a fantastic place.

Azmat

What kind of questions were there? my interview is on Thursday. Very short notice as I have had to book hotel for two nights - cost me nearly £200 for my travel. So it best be worth it :-)

I understand there will be a maths and English test too? Is this done through snap?

Thanks.
Reply 7
Hey...
I also start jan 2015 :-) x
Original post by Ace_12
Hey, welcome and congrats on your place. Don't worry we are all in the same boat as you lol, everyones nervous! Wow from southamton to norwich 4 hours thats too long lol. Mind you it takes me about 3 half hours from birmingham to Norwich, on the trains.

About the finance and bursary, I was told to wait, as there are quite busy doing the september ones, I guess I will make a move on it lol.

so is your name nyashaa or is that your pseudonym? And is this your first time at uni?

Aww thank you ! I'm really pleased wasn't sure I was going to get a place at all this year let alone UEA so I'm just glad iv been accepted .

Yeah it's a bit of a journey but hopefully it'll be worth it hehe oh your from Birmingham , yeah you must feel my pain then haha I bet it's gona be different for you found from busy Birmingham to quiet eat anglia lol

I ended up calling someone and they told me to wait also but I'd already sent my finance stuff over and I'm now waiting for my bursary confirmation . But yh accomodation and stuff they said wait til November time. Have you been on the tour of UEA?

And my name is nyasha , I'm 22 so a mature student maybe ? And yeah it's my first time at university . What about you ?

Xx
Reply 9
Hi everyone,
I am Kate from Brighton and apparently considered as mature student too, I am 23, will be 24 in February.
I was accepted for Jan intake.
Last week I spent 3 days in Norwich, exploring the area and also attended campus tour. Cannot say it was not a big deal, but will be good for those who are applying for accommodation. Students will be there to answer all the questions and show around the campus, which is massive. There will also be a short talk why you need to choose UEA and things to do in Norwich.
Our group did not have much time, it only took about 45 min, so it was a brief walk around the campus and 3 different accommodations.

I am pleased for all of you who got it or waiting for your interviews, good luck ! x
Reply 10
Heey I start in jan 2015 too. Was a bit worried about being the only "mature" student at 22 but it looks like I'll be in good company :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Ace_12
Sorry should have made this question to everyone, not just kate.

Is there anyone who's thinking about private accomodation? If so I would be interested to hear from you, as previously stated, financially it will be a big plus.

I know it's a probably a bit early thinking about accomodation but I taught I get the ball rolling early. No ones needs to give a definintive Yes or No at this stage, but if you are interested please do p.m, me or just let me know.

Thanks, Azmat

I was looking at private accommodation simply because it states that the january intake are not guarenteed university accommodation, so tryna keep my options open. Have you found anything?
Reply 12
Original post by Ace_12
Hi, Yeah I know what you mean about being guareented acccomodation. Nah I have not find anything yet. If I do, you will be the first to know :smile:

The only problem with me and I guess alot of us, is that I am not from norwich, I thought if someone like yourself does find a place and wants me to chip I seriously wouldn't mind, but we need at least 2-3 more people, to bring the cost down. Hence on here trying to getting to know people :smile: so I am ready for uni in Jan, and won't be 'struggling' like a porper looking for a place to live lol.

Where about are you from, and are you happy to exchange details like email adrresss?

Yeaaah same i dont wanna end up not getting uni accommodation then struggling to pay rent by myself lol and im from birmingham :smile: and if i fond anything ill definitely let you know
Reply 13
Original post by Ace_12
Lol, no way I am from birmingham too : ). I cught the train last time and it got me to Norwich but it was damm too expensive lol.

What parts you from? I am from the saltley gates end, aka Alum Rock LMAOF

Lmao mine are just as bad balsalh heath :/ and ohhh i got the megabus didnt take too long and defo not as expensive as the train
Reply 14
For some reason I don't get notification about messages in here, oh dear, sorry for a late reply! Good for you Azmat to keep this going, hopefully few people will catch up soon!

About accommodation, I'm planning to rent a studio or 1 bedroom flat, simply due to personal reasons and also I had bad experience living in student accommodation before! As flats in Norwich are not as expensive as in Brighton (thank God for that) I hope I can find something decent! It also gives me chance having nice people round whenever I want, so guys, it seems like we will be having a place for getting together lol x

Anyway, I'm really excited and cannot wait for it to start! Does any of you, mature students, work?
Hi everyone!Omg it feels so nice to know that I'm not the only one. I'll be joining you all in January and i'm pretty excited but also really scared.It may seem a little keen but I've made a facebook group called UEA Adult Nursing Jan 2015, it would be great if we could get as many of us to join so we can share any advice and tips and get to know each other a bit more.
Reply 16
Hi everyone,

I Have just had confirmation today that i have been accepted for January Start at UEA for Adult Nursing, I am 23 and from South Shields, near Newcastle. I had my Interview for UEA on Thursday and thought i had Completely messed up the interview ! but i am completely buzzing i got in !!

Can anyone give me any information about when we should apply for accommodation and how to do it because i am completely clueless ! also does anyone know if you can request to be put with mature students? As i don't really fancy living with 18 year olds ( no offence)

Congratulations to everyone who has a place, can't wait to meet you all !

x
Reply 17
Original post by AishaOliviaaa
Hi everyone!Omg it feels so nice to know that I'm not the only one. I'll be joining you all in January and i'm pretty excited but also really scared.It may seem a little keen but I've made a facebook group called UEA Adult Nursing Jan 2015, it would be great if we could get as many of us to join so we can share any advice and tips and get to know each other a bit more.

Hey, I can't find the FB page, would you be able to send me the link please?

x
Original post by KB1991
Hey, I can't find the FB page, would you be able to send me the link please?

x

I think this link should be fine.
So far it's just me :smile:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/690414557695938?view=info&ref=bookmark
Reply 19
Original post by KB1991
Hi everyone,

I Have just had confirmation today that i have been accepted for January Start at UEA for Adult Nursing, I am 23 and from South Shields, near Newcastle. I had my Interview for UEA on Thursday and thought i had Completely messed up the interview ! but i am completely buzzing i got in !!

Can anyone give me any information about when we should apply for accommodation and how to do it because i am completely clueless ! also does anyone know if you can request to be put with mature students? As i don't really fancy living with 18 year olds ( no offence)

Congratulations to everyone who has a place, can't wait to meet you all !

x

Hi,

If you go through all the messages from different people you can see that some students have already applied for finances, accommodation has to wait until November if you want to move in by January, however it is not guaranteed a place, let alone who you prefer to be with :smile: so really sorry to disappoint you.

DBS will be contacting us themselves and it also will be happening around November according to last year students.

X Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending