The Student Room Group

What can you do if you were to fail to reapply once after gap year?

I've failed my A-level this year and was declined by imperial and waiting for update from Edinburgh university. Since my A-level grade were far away from my condition for Edinburgh I am preparing to take a gap year. But, I was very curious what will happen if I were to fail to get into University after my gap year. Can you post your opinions please?
On your gap year, I'm assuming you aren't planning on retaking and instead working? you haven't mentioned any details as to what you plan on doing which would be a great help.

If you stuck with the same a levels with no improvement, simply apply to a uni that's requirements that you have and you should here back with an unconditional.

If you retake your a levels, again apply for 1 or 2 that require the grades you definitely have.

Failing this, look for further training else where, apprenticeships and other work based training, companies often offer there own in house training schemes that may offer a HNC/D etc and almost guarantee a job.

Notgoingtouni is a great site for explaining what you can do with its own search function for finding work and training and loads of other useful stuff!
Reply 2
what did you get? depends on grades if you will get in next year or not tbh x
Original post by 1004pray
But, I was very curious what will happen if I were to fail to get into University after my gap year. Can you post your opinions please?

Then you would either take another gap year or just choose an alternative route - work for example

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending