The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

problem with e-welcome?

After receiving a new email from RHUL this morning I was linked to an e-welcome that, it says, must be completed before I arrive there. However, when following the link, half of the topics are missing and there are no "tick boxes" that the Welcome claims there are to mark it as complete on Moodle.

Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?
Reply 1
I'm having this problem to! Some of the topics say they're not available, and can't see what I'm meant to be completing haha
In guna try again in a few days and see if it gets updated or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by cristimay
I'm having this problem to! Some of the topics say they're not available, and can't see what I'm meant to be completing haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing it must be quite a common problem then. I'm gonna try in a few days again too. :smile:
I have the same problem! Also had an issue with my enrolment tab but that seems to be fixed now.
I'm having this problem too, not all topics are available and there are no ticks from the few that are available and that I have looked at.
I checked again today, and it still seems to have not sorted itself out. I hope they're aware of the problem so that they can fix it...
Original post by stanakaticshair
After receiving a new email from RHUL this morning I was linked to an e-welcome that, it says, must be completed before I arrive there. However, when following the link, half of the topics are missing and there are no "tick boxes" that the Welcome claims there are to mark it as complete on Moodle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing it must be quite a common problem then. I'm gonna try in a few days again too. :smile:

Original post by MarilynWebster
I have the same problem! Also had an issue with my enrolment tab but that seems to be fixed now.

Original post by Wonderer1
I'm having this problem too, not all topics are available and there are no ticks from the few that are available and that I have looked at.

Hi all,

I'm looking into this for you.

I'll hopefully be able to get back to you all by Thursday.

Thanks,

Emily
Reply 7
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
I'm looking into this for you.

For me, there is nothing to "click on" so to speak; I just get a page of waffle about patronising modules I have to complete, but I can't do anything other than read about what they entail. I can click on my name in the sidebar, but it just says I am not enrolled on this course. And there are no courses showing in the "My Courses" section.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Wonderer1

Original post by MarilynWebster

Original post by BachMan
For me, there is nothing to "click on" so to speak; I just get a page of waffle about patronising modules I have to complete, but I can't do anything other than read about what they entail. I can click on my name in the sidebar, but it just says I am not enrolled on this course. And there are no courses showing in the "My Courses" section.

Hi all,

I have found out the answer to this. You need to have completed your online sign-up before you can access your e-Welcome. If you’re still having difficulty accessing your e-Welcome after doing this please email us at [email protected] and we'll sort it out for you.

Many thanks,

Emily
Hi all,

I have found out the answer to this. You need to have completed your online sign-up before you can access your e-Welcome. If you’re still having difficulty accessing your e-Welcome after doing this please email us at [email protected] and we'll sort it out for you.

Many thanks,

Emily

Hi Emily,

I completed the sign up a few days ago - I double checked the e-Welcome today and more topics are available, yet there's still no tick boxes. And I'm definitely enrolled. I don't understand why this is happening if there's no technical issues?
Hi Emily,

I completed the sign up a few days ago - I double checked the e-Welcome today and more topics are available, yet there's still no tick boxes. And I'm definitely enrolled. I don't understand why this is happening if there's no technical issues?

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. As mentioned, please contact my colleagues at [email protected] who will be able to help you.

Thanks,

Emily
Reply 11

Same here.
I can read a lot more now, but there's still no tick boxes or anything other than text (which seems to be just a copy of what is on the website anyway, most of which is common sense and not specific to RHUL by any means).

There's also a couple more courses showing up, but I guess I should probably leave them until I'm told to look at them; skimming through them, they tend to reference dates that have long-since passed, so I suspect they need updating anyway.

It appears to be a case of the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing :rolleyes:
Original post by BachMan
Same here.
I can read a lot more now, but there's still no tick boxes or anything other than text (which seems to be just a copy of what is on the website anyway, most of which is common sense and not specific to RHUL by any means).

There's also a couple more courses showing up, but I guess I should probably leave them until I'm told to look at them; skimming through them, they tend to reference dates that have long-since passed, so I suspect they need updating anyway.

It appears to be a case of the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's only one course showing up for me, and that's outdated too. Strange how this is happening to us. Hope they fix it soon, I emailed them about it.
Hi Emily,

Same for me too! This is happening to a lot of people on here and on the FB page as well. I hope they fix it soon but I have emailed them as well.
Just received this email:

Good morning

Apologies for the inconvenience

This will be resolved soon and you should be able to tick and complete this afternoon. You will need to complete the fire safety quiz for completion

Best regards
Sarah
Original post by BachMan

Hello,

Just to inform you about why there are no courses showing on your My Courses section, you may not see any or all of your taught courses in Moodle if you log-in before the end of September. It's still early days!

Best,

Emily
Hi all,

Just to update and thank you for your patience with these technical issues, I'm happy to let you know we’ve made some changes and believe we’ve now fixed the tick box problem. If you’re still having trouble with your e-Welcome, please email [email protected].

Thanks

Emily
Hi all,

Just to update and thank you for your patience with these technical issues, I'm happy to let you know we’ve made some changes and believe we’ve now fixed the tick box problem. If you’re still having trouble with your e-Welcome, please email [email protected].

Thanks

Emily

Working perfectly now, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending