The Student Room Group

Why would anyone sub to TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosie786
So there is no back biting of non-sub users in that box?

No, some people want you to believe that we are some nasty creatures, we're a friendly bunch. The chat does have less moderation though :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
If your rep bar is as bad as mine I doubt it would be worth bothering to hide it because people on here remember you if you have that high neg rep because they hate you.If you had positive rep I doubt it would be worth bothering to hide it.I suppose I could of hid of it before my neg rep got so high because I think people were inclined to neg rep me since I already had so much neg rep.

You'd want to keep that neg rep seeing as you can't be negged anymore. It's something no one else can achieve now.
Reply 62
Original post by Binary Freak
No, some people want you to believe that we are some nasty creatures, we're a friendly bunch. The chat does have less moderation though :smile:

Lol not gonna name names but a sub told me so I was just curious. :ninja:

Some occasionally do that. We like to give the impression that we're some people that reign supreme and constantly laugh and backbite those that are not subbies.

I was a new user when I subbed and everyone was curious about me being a dupe :getmecoat:

The only "bitching" that goes on is moaning about trolls occasionally. That's literally it.
Reply 65
I'm wondering how much I could drink for £6.99

It's not really worth it
Why anyone would pay to go pro on any website of this nature is beyond me when the benefits are all worthless - a different colour here, some extra pixel size on an avatar there, a secret chatbox somewhere else. Paying £8 per month to get this kind of benefit on one forum is a complete waste of money as far as I am concerned but I guess some people have money burning holes in their pockets.

So, Eva then.
Reply 68
Original post by Black Rose
Most of us get free subscriptions..

Why? How? What? When? Where?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
The box is addictive. I can't believe I pay to talk to those chumps.

You came back to me though :penguinhug:

Yes OP, I do love the people. I will be lost when my sub runs out :puppyeyes:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
You came back to me though :penguinhug:

I hate you the least :h:
Someone tell me how you get a free sub :smile:
Original post by xDave-

I believe you get a free sub once you've welcomed 100 different members onto the site.. I might be wrong on this one though.

Black Cat
X

Here's a way that I believe gets you a free subbie
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xDave-

Only special people get it :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Binary Freak
I believe you get a free sub once you've welcomed 100 different members onto the site.. I might be wrong on this one though.

It's not the only way :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
It's not the only way :tongue:

You should be teasing them with that, not me. :smile: :yes:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
The car isn't finished but here

do you use a didgital tablet:?
Original post by DJMayes
Why anyone would pay to go pro on any website of this nature is beyond me when the benefits are all worthless - a different colour here, some extra pixel size on an avatar there, a secret chatbox somewhere else. Paying £8 per month to get this kind of benefit on one forum is a complete waste of money as far as I am concerned but I guess some people have money burning holes in their pockets.

£40 per year is fine. Its less than £4 per month. Thats nothing considering you get:

a) a better profile
b) to see more things like rep
c) use of the back room
d) to talk to other people and make friends etc.
e) study resources

People pay £40 for a night out in the city or for a video game. I'd rather pay and have the opportunity to discuss things with likeminded people and become a more rounded and educated person by speaking to people from different backgrounds and so forth.
TSR need to improve the subscription, its not worth paying for atall it just has no value, you may as well throw your money down the drain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sanctimonious
to talk to other people and make friends etc.

This. Typically when you post something on here you only ever get quoted when someone is in disagreement with you, or when someone wants to be grammar nutcase:gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest