The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Freshers Week. Anyone going?

I'm contemplating on whether to buy the fresheres week wrist band £38 (Comedy) or £32 (Non-Comedy). This will be my first time in Manchester, I will be doing a foundation year course in economics and I'm still waiting for my accomodation to be confirmed hopefully I will get into Wimslow Park it looks like an ideal place plus it was one of the last few with en suite. I cannot do without. lmao. Besides that considering i havent met anyone yet hopefully i can find out if anybody on here is going so i can make up mind soon.

Note: The music is far from what i listen to but i am willing to go and have a great time with fun crazy wild people !! Let me know!! =)
Original post by RayMu
I'm contemplating on whether to buy the fresheres week wrist band £38 (Comedy) or £32 (Non-Comedy). This will be my first time in Manchester, I will be doing a foundation year course in economics and I'm still waiting for my accomodation to be confirmed hopefully I will get into Wimslow Park it looks like an ideal place plus it was one of the last few with en suite. I cannot do without. lmao. Besides that considering i havent met anyone yet hopefully i can find out if anybody on here is going so i can make up mind soon.

Note: The music is far from what i listen to but i am willing to go and have a great time with fun crazy wild people !! Let me know!! =)

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by RayMu

I'm going and just bought the 38£ wristband. I'm gonna be studying economics aswell but starting from second year..
Reply 3
Original post by Ibby999
I'm going and just bought the 38£ wristband. I'm gonna be studying economics aswell but starting from second year..

Oh cool, Do you know a lot of people down Manchester? How have you found first year in your economics course? I'm hesitant to buy the wristband because I don't know anyone and so I don't have anyone to go with. It would be nice to know at least one person to go all these places with rather than attempting to go by myself lol. And get lost in the process .. lmao
Reply 4
I want to get a ticket but I'm worrying that the people I meet when I first move in won't be going and it's a bit of a waste of money if I end up doing something completely different.. :/ I'm from bolton so I'm not too far away but I'm 22 so everyone I know has already been and gone to uni and I think you can only buy tickets if you're a student at mmu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by RayMu
Oh cool, Do you know a lot of people down Manchester? How have you found first year in your economics course? I'm hesitant to buy the wristband because I don't know anyone and so I don't have anyone to go with. It would be nice to know at least one person to go all these places with rather than attempting to go by myself lol. And get lost in the process .. lmao

I don't know a lot of people yet but I'm already talking to someone who I met on here, he's studying thesame course as us and he's already been in Manchester met for a year. First year was pretty intense but you should be fine if your good with calculations. We can talk more if you've got Facebook or Twitter.. Would advise you to get the wristband mate cus i heard it's gonna be crazy lol
Reply 6
Original post by katiemb
I want to get a ticket but I'm worrying that the people I meet when I first move in won't be going and it's a bit of a waste of money if I end up doing something completely different.. :/ I'm from bolton so I'm not too far away but I'm 22 so everyone I know has already been and gone to uni and I think you can only buy tickets if you're a student at mmu

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't be worried cus I'm sure you gonna meet loads of people that are going like myself. I'm 22 aswell and only live 45mins drive away from Manchester. When are you planning to move down? And you can get the ticket online from MMUnion as long as you've been offered a place. Just bought mine today..
Reply 7
Can't we just buy tickets once we are there? There will be loads on sale, it's not going to sell out surely?
Reply 8
Original post by katiemb

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree with you I have no desire to waste almost £40 I do that already with my monthly bill so wasting money is not an option. But I dont want to limit myself. I think I may get it though just in case I meet a few people that are going. I think its best to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. I'm 19 and none of my friends will be in Manchester. So I have to just hope for the best on move in day lool. What course are you doing? Where will you be studying are you attending UOM?
Reply 9
Original post by Ibby999
I don't know a lot of people yet but I'm already talking to someone who I met on here, he's studying thesame course as us and he's already been in Manchester met for a year. First year was pretty intense but you should be fine if your good with calculations. We can talk more if you've got Facebook or Twitter.. Would advise you to get the wristband mate cus i heard it's gonna be crazy lol

Lool. Your pushing me more into buying. Oh cool. Calculations hopefully won't be a problem for me, I'm ususally good with them. I use twitter more, @OutcastRebelle is my user name. Would love some more advice and insight into the course, so thank you.
Reply 10
Original post by Ibby999
You shouldn't be worried cus I'm sure you gonna meet loads of people that are going like myself. I'm 22 aswell and only live 45mins drive away from Manchester. When are you planning to move down? And you can get the ticket online from MMUnion as long as you've been offered a place. Just bought mine today..

I hope so.. and I'm not sure I haven't sorted accommodation out yet. I'll probably buy one, is there a date you need to get one by?
Reply 11
Original post by RayMu
I completely agree with you I have no desire to waste almost £40 I do that already with my monthly bill so wasting money is not an option. But I dont want to limit myself. I think I may get it though just in case I meet a few people that are going. I think its best to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. I'm 19 and none of my friends will be in Manchester. So I have to just hope for the best on move in day lool. What course are you doing? Where will you be studying are you attending UOM?

Yep, I'll probably do the same! I'm studying Hospitality Management at MMU
Reply 12
Original post by katiemb
I hope so.. and I'm not sure I haven't sorted accommodation out yet. I'll probably buy one, is there a date you need to get one by?

Ah same here cus I would prefer to share a house rather than stay in accommodation and I don't think there's a date but the price might increase if you leave it to the last minute..
Reply 13
Be careful driving past Old Trafford a lot of people have picked up 3 points there recently
I've got the wristband as have/are a number of people i've met on the freshers page. Most of us have purely bought it for the music acts.
There's more information of the mmu freshers week in this Facebook Group, plus early bird deals, would deffo advise joining it!
Hopefully see you in September!!!

facebook.com/groups/1205413989473980/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending