The Student Room Group

Feeling put off, should I be?

I've been dating this girl for a few weeks and I quite like her, I mean I don't have that strong feelings for her yet but I feel we could maybe become serious somewhere down the line.

Recently she told me her sexual history and she said she's slept with a few guys but the last guy she slept with she contracted an STD from because he never told her he had it until a few months later.

This has really put me off. I know it's not her fault but it just makes her seem so loose now to me.

Am I just being stupid?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this girl for a few weeks and I quite like her, I mean I don't have that strong feelings for her yet but I feel we could maybe become serious somewhere down the line.

Recently she told me her sexual history and she said she's slept with a few guys but the last guy she slept with she contracted an STD from because he never told her he had it until a few months later.

This has really put me off. I know it's not her fault but it just makes her seem so loose now to me.

Am I just being stupid?

Not at all as I would be put off if that was a guy. It shows you she can't be trusted with sex and doesn't practice safer sex. She made a stupid decision not to use a condom.
If it bothers you and you know you wont be able to see past it, then ditch her and find someone else.
Original post by Madeline_H95
Not at all as I would be put off if that was a guy. It shows you she can't be trusted with sex and doesn't practice safer sex. She made a stupid decision not to use a condom.

I think it's a bit harsh to disown someone due to one mistake. Also it was the guy she slept with's fault too, not just her.
If she's a nice person otherwise you should give her another chance to prove she can be sensible and loyal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Am I just being stupid?

I could see why that would put you off, but not so much in this case really. Unless it's an STD she can't be rid of.

I'd understand more if she slept with LOADS of guys and that's why she got it.
Original post by FickleFeline
I think it's a bit harsh to disown someone due to one mistake. Also it was the guy she slept with's fault too, not just her.
If she's a nice person otherwise you should give her another chance to prove she can be sensible and loyal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On most situations I would agree with second chances but when it comes to sex I don't. It's serious enough to be wary of the person. His whole description of her makes me think of a promiscuous, irresponsible young girl.
(edited 9 years ago)
What std was it?

Am I just being stupid?

If you want my honest advice, and it may not be something you like to hear, I would not continue the relationship. Unless your 100% certain this girl is clean and is faithful.

I'll be honest (and it may seem judgemental) but she sounds just like my ex. My ex-girlfriend slept with many guys before me. It didn't bother me at first, or so I tried not to let it, because I started to like her more. She'd told me that she gets tested regularly etc.

I never ever thought I'd catch anything. Long story short. I caught something off of her despite using a condom (skin related). She had told me she was clean too. I know I was for define as I had been tested twice and was clean.

She almost implied that I didn't get it off her saying: "well you haven't caught it off me!". Even though I'd never slept with anyone before her, and she'd had a reputation before me anyway.

Also, I would be careful about believing her when she says some guy gave her an STD. How do you know she's not lying and she gave him it? Don't forget it's so easy for people to twist it.

I suspect my ex probably twisted it on me. When she found out she'd given me something, she probably panicked and made up some rubbish that I gave her it. In fact, it was the opposite.

Be careful. Play it safe and don't be swayed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this girl was my ex lol. Sounds just like her.
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that relevant? He's not dating the guy she banged. :lol:
Then don't date her, simple. Although STDs are generally treatable
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does she need to prove her loyalty? He never said she cheated on any of the guys...
depends how well you know her, I don't think calling her 'loose' is fair as her partner lied to her, she isn't sleeping around... however she clearly doesn't practice safe sex since she didn't either use protection or ensure her partner got tested, which would make me worry how careful she will be in the future, not that she will cheat but more something like she might forget to take her pill and think what the hell it'll be fine just once... obviously people do learn from their mistakes and if she says she has learnt then I'd be inclined to accept it (while being very careful)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending