The Student Room Group

Would there be a fine for "rolling coal" in UK?

Anyone have any idea what could possibly be the fine for doing this in UK? More specifically within England.

Those that don't know what it is.

At a flick of a switch your diesel powered vehicle will do what's happening in the video

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What's the purpose of doing that?
Reply 2
Entertainment reasons.
Reply 3
I think it only happens in America in those crappy Ford trucks.
Reply 4
What's impressive about an engine overfueling?
Reply 5
Those trucks are running 5-6L+ V8 diesels, so we don't really have anything comparable in the UK. I leave a black mark the size of a basketball on the tarmac when I do a standing start, and things get a bit smokey when I get above 4krpm, but I have nothing on these guys :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Nuffles
Those trucks are running 5-6L+ V8 diesels, so we don't really have anything comparable in the UK. I leave a black mark the size of a basketball on the tarmac when I do a standing start, and things get a bit smokey when I get above 4krpm, but I have nothing on these guys :tongue:

7.3l V8 it seems.

Been looking around this morning for one and so happens there is one 20 minutes away.

Thinking of placing it into a Range Rover Classic from the 70s or a Defender or perhaps one of those 3dr Discovery from the early 90s.

Would make for a perfect one to annoy that luddite neighbour of mine who keeps moaning about those with Land Rovers on their driveway. Then there is that OAP who keeps blocking my planning permission.
Reply 7
Original post by JC.
What's impressive about an engine overfueling?

Do you know of a better way to annoy a treehugger who keeps blocking your planning permission? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by h4mza
I think it only happens in America in those crappy Ford trucks.

Happens in both US and Canada.

Supposedly can't be done with the newer trucks due to the DPF as it is illegal to tamper with it.
Reply 9
Original post by Alfissti
7.3l V8 it seems.

Been looking around this morning for one and so happens there is one 20 minutes away.

Thinking of placing it into a Range Rover Classic from the 70s or a Defender or perhaps one of those 3dr Discovery from the early 90s.

Would make for a perfect one to annoy that luddite neighbour of mine who keeps moaning about those with Land Rovers on their driveway. Then there is that OAP who keeps blocking my planning permission.

5 door disco's are much easier to check for rust in the sills.
Don't be the person that has the landrover on the drive then... buy yourself a gnarly looking series 110 and park it outside their house. Either that or a forward control.

The prick that lives next door to me has covered the council owned strip of land with big rocks to stop cars parking on it. I make a point of parking my landrover ON the rocks when I have guests round these days. :biggrin:

Pissing off eco freaks... how long have you got?
Wait 'til they are outside and start a bonfire. Wet grass makes plenty of smoke.

I'd avoid doing anything stupid with vehicles unless it's parking like a ****.

Or, you could just rise above it and make a point of saying "hello" - people that have taken a dislike to you for whatever reason really hate it if you go out of your way to be sickly sweet to them. You can see the rage flash across their faces if you do it right. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
I don't know, but I hope there's a fine for that, anyway.
Original post by JC.
Don't be the person that has the landrover on the drive then... buy yourself a gnarly looking series 110 and park it outside their house. Either that or a forward control.

The prick that lives next door to me has covered the council owned strip of land with big rocks to stop cars parking on it. I make a point of parking my landrover ON the rocks when I have guests round these days. :biggrin:

Wait 'til they are outside and start a bonfire. Wet grass makes plenty of smoke.

Or, you could just rise above it and make a point of saying "hello" - people that have taken a dislike to you for whatever reason really hate it if you go out of your way to be sickly sweet to them. You can see the rage flash across their faces if you do it right. :wink:

How big rocks are we talking ?

Can you put the Daimler on the rocks?
Original post by FuelBowser
How big rocks are we talking ?

Can you put the Daimler on the rocks?

Why would you want to put a nice old Daimler on a load of rocks?!

Especially when you have a Landy...
Reply 13
Original post by JC.

Would that Discovery need significant strengthening to accept a 7.3l engine to it?

Interesting about the rocks. My immediate neighbour (a 1:1 PITA) often places those orange cones to block the area in front of her house and intimidates anyone who moves those cones, also been known to key cars that are parked there including once someone saw her purposely place her cat on the bonnet of a car that was parked there. Might just buy one "near MOT failure" Land Rover 110 to park in front of her house. Might just install a CCTV to catch her in the act. Utter pain this bitch, first it was her mother who constantly moaned about high power bills, I told her to insulate her house and offered to help her arrange for it at a very good price, she refused and then when she found out how low our bills were she started accusing us of stealing her gas. Then have a "tenant" who is doing a carpentry apprentice and often does some "homework" at the back garden (I told her she could do so as long as it is Mon-Fri between 9 and 5), she been complaining to the local area authority about it, first claimed it was noise then claimed that sawdust was everywhere.
Would that Discovery need significant strengthening to accept a 7.3l engine to it?

Interesting about the rocks. My immediate neighbour (a 1:1 PITA) often places those orange cones to block the area in front of her house and intimidates anyone who moves those cones, also been known to key cars that are parked there including once someone saw her purposely place her cat on the bonnet of a car that was parked there. Might just buy one "near MOT failure" Land Rover 110 to park in front of her house. Might just install a CCTV to catch her in the act. Utter pain this bitch, first it was her mother who constantly moaned about high power bills, I told her to insulate her house and offered to help her arrange for it at a very good price, she refused and then when she found out how low our bills were she started accusing us of stealing her gas. Then have a "tenant" who is doing a carpentry apprentice and often does some "homework" at the back garden (I told her she could do so as long as it is Mon-Fri between 9 and 5), she been complaining to the local area authority about it, first claimed it was noise then claimed that sawdust was everywhere.

Bloody hell. Your neighbours sound terrible! Which part of West Oxon is this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, it's called 'rolling coal', not 'roll coalling' :tongue:
Reply 16

Discovery 1 / Ranger Rover classic is the same chassis. Doesn't matter if it's a 3 / 5 door etc etc... A lot of the panels are common too. Floor pan and rear wheel arches as a prime example. The weak point in the RR / Disco if you're putting down big power is likely to be your diffs. It's not uncommon for them to pop when folk put silly big wheel and tyre combinations on.

You can't really dictate folks hobbys. If I'm making noise I try and do it in the garage with the door shut and I knock off power tools at 8:00.
There has to be some element of live and let live.

Best thing to do if you've got idiots around you is to just rise above it and blank them. No point sitting inside feeling pissed off and plotting their death in your head! You can play games if you like but it only escalates. You have to decide if you want to be silly or if you just can't be bothered for the sake of the peace. Sometimes you can have a bit of fun, sometimes it's just not worth the effort, eh?

If you're going to get in to it there's no saving whatever relationship there is though and you do have to live there too... Just weigh it up in your own mind how far you're prepared to let things go before you act, eh?

All the best with it. :wink:
Original post by Nuffles
Also, it's called 'rolling coal', not 'roll coalling' :tongue:

This. It's annoying me so much i'm going to go edit the thread title.
So your planning to buy one of these just to piss off your neighbours? Oh dear :rofl:

I wouldn't bank on you getting that planning permission any time soon then....

your neighbour sounds like a real douche though!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by live_a_life
Bloody hell. Your neighbours sound terrible! Which part of West Oxon is this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Burford.

Yah OAPs and spinsters are the worst kinds of neighbours, makes students appear as angels by comparison.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending