The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Central Park Towers - Plymouth

Anybody rented here? I'm looking at renting here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be living in Central Park Towers from September :biggrin: I haven't been there to see the building, but the pictures on the website are really persuasive haha, I think the price is good as well :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by flavia96
I'll be living in Central Park Towers from September :biggrin: I haven't been there to see the building, but the pictures on the website are really persuasive haha, I think the price is good as well :smile:

Yeah I'll be living there too, just need to sign the contract now. What floor will you be on, I'm on 3rd. I'm glad it's just students living there too with the prices like that, looks pretty great.
I'm going to be staying there in September as well! I didnt put it as a preference because i wasn't sure about having a studio apartment, but now I'm really happy about it, I just hope it's not too difficult meeting people because we're in own own separate rooms.
Reply 4
I didn't get the email with the details yet, apparently I'll get it on the 29th :biggrin: but I will let you know when I find out, and about the prices, tell me about it!!I went to universities where a room like the ones from Gilwell were £140 per week, so having a whole studio for myself for such a good price it's amazing!! haha I feel so special!!
what will you be studying?
Reply 5
I didn't get the email with the details yet, apparently I'll get it on the 29th :biggrin: but I will let you know when I find out, and about the prices, tell me about it!!I went to universities where a room like the ones from Gilwell were £140 per week, so having a whole studio for myself for such a good price it's amazing!! haha I feel so special!!
what will you be studying?

I'll be doing dentistry aha, what about you? Which details btw?

And yeah the prices are awesome lol.
Reply 6
Original post by billiehazel
I'm going to be staying there in September as well! I didnt put it as a preference because i wasn't sure about having a studio apartment, but now I'm really happy about it, I just hope it's not too difficult meeting people because we're in own own separate rooms.

I'm worried about the same thing :biggrin: haha but I thought of writing a poster on the door ''people please come to my room, I have cookies'' :colondollar: haha or I'll just go around the building and knock at every door to say 'hi!' :tongue:
what will you be studying by the way?
Reply 7
Original post by Blobar
I'll be doing dentistry aha, what about you? Which details btw?

And yeah the prices are awesome lol.

I'm doing psychology :wink: ,and about the details, well the university has to send me the email with all the information about the floor and room I'll be in, as well as the time they give me to pay the deposit and such:biggrin:
and oh my dentistry! are you excited to start the course?:cool:
Reply 8
I'm doing psychology :wink: ,and about the details, well the university has to send me the email with all the information about the floor and room I'll be in, as well as the time they give me to pay the deposit and such:biggrin:
and oh my dentistry! are you excited to start the course?:cool:

Oh well technically it's a private accomodation so the uni won't be sending you anything lol. I'll be in Flat 151 :P.

Yeah definitely can't wait to start. I take it you're pretty excited too :P.
Reply 9
Original post by Blobar
Oh well technically it's a private accomodation so the uni won't be sending you anything lol. I'll be in Flat 151 :P.

Yeah definitely can't wait to start. I take it you're pretty excited too :P.

of course they will be sending me the email with the information :tongue:. I talked to them over the phone and they were the ones who proposed this hall to me ....maybe because I called them 5 times in a day to find out if my application has been processed successfully and if I got a place in the halls :biggrin: and they called me back in the end saying ''we have a place for you in Central Park Towers, there will be a total of 200 freshers in the building'' they told me the price and asked me if I accepted the place and that an email will be send to me in a few days ....but it didn't come yet:mad::confused:

but I went on the accommodation page on Facebook and one of the women in charge of accommodation said, the day they send the emails depends on the hall they put you in. Students who got a studio in Central Park Towers are supposed to get their email on the 29th.
:rolleyes:

They got more halls this year because of the huge number of student coming in, or at least this is what the woman on the phone told me, that's why you won't find Central Park and other 2-3 halls on the university's website(yet) :colone:

and yes I'm excited and nervous about starting, but I'm also a bit worried that it will be a little more difficult to make friends because we have our own 'mini apartments' , however I'm thinking of putting a poster on my door to tell people they are free to come in and have a cookie with me :tongue: and i'll give you the number of my flat when I find it out, in case you don't come to pay a visit I'll make sure to come and drag you there:colone: for a cookie and tea:tongue: ...unless you are on a diet:confused: oh my I forgot you are a future dentist:biggrin: don't forget to bring your tooth brush in case you come and visit :biggrin: I will offer lots of sweets:tongue:
Reply 10
of course they will be sending me the email with the information :tongue:. I talked to them over the phone and they were the ones who proposed this hall to me ....maybe because I called them 5 times in a day to find out if my application has been processed successfully and if I got a place in the halls :biggrin: and they called me back in the end saying ''we have a place for you in Central Park Towers, there will be a total of 200 freshers in the building'' they told me the price and asked me if I accepted the place and that an email will be send to me in a few days ....but it didn't come yet:mad::confused:

but I went on the accommodation page on Facebook and one of the women in charge of accommodation said, the day they send the emails depends on the hall they put you in. Students who got a studio in Central Park Towers are supposed to get their email on the 29th.
:rolleyes:

They got more halls this year because of the huge number of student coming in, or at least this is what the woman on the phone told me, that's why you won't find Central Park and other 2-3 halls on the university's website(yet) :colone:

and yes I'm excited and nervous about starting, but I'm also a bit worried that it will be a little more difficult to make friends because we have our own 'mini apartments' , however I'm thinking of putting a poster on my door to tell people they are free to come in and have a cookie with me :tongue: and i'll give you the number of my flat when I find it out, in case you don't come to pay a visit I'll make sure to come and drag you there:colone: for a cookie and tea:tongue: ...unless you are on a diet:confused: oh my I forgot you are a future dentist:biggrin: don't forget to bring your tooth brush in case you come and visit :biggrin: I will offer lots of sweets:tongue:

I see lol. [email protected]
Definitely email them to see what's going on, I doubt you'll get a reply till Tuesday now since it's bank holiday.

There's a common room I think? Maybe there'll be a few people there just chilling aha.

Just because I'm wanting to become a dentist doesn't mean I carry a toothbrush around with me everywhere haha.
Original post by Blobar
I see lol. [email protected]
Definitely email them to see what's going on, I doubt you'll get a reply till Tuesday now since it's bank holiday.

There's a common room I think? Maybe there'll be a few people there just chilling aha.

Just because I'm wanting to become a dentist doesn't mean I carry a toothbrush around with me everywhere haha.

yeah there is a game's room and a conference room and I think another sort of common room so that will be really good :wink:

by the way when are you thinking of arriving? 19th or 20th of September?

and well regarding the sweets, my dentist once told me ''sweets keep children happy as well as dentists'' haha
Reply 12
yeah there is a game's room and a conference room and I think another sort of common room so that will be really good :wink:

by the way when are you thinking of arriving? 19th or 20th of September?

and well regarding the sweets, my dentist once told me ''sweets keep children happy as well as dentists'' haha

Well seen as my course starts on the 15th, I think either of those dates you mentioned would be a bad idea lol. Probably come the Friday/Saturday before I start, what about you?
Original post by Blobar
Well seen as my course starts on the 15th, I think either of those dates you mentioned would be a bad idea lol. Probably come the Friday/Saturday before I start, what about you?

really???!! your course starts on 15th?? wow I thought everyone starts on the same date. I start on the 22nd,I know freshers parties are between 22nd and 29th of September. And I'm supposed to come either on 19th or 20th,but not sure yer which one to pick....this is what happens when people are given choices......
did you go sixth form or college by the way?.....I presume either way, you did A levels
Reply 14
really???!! your course starts on 15th?? wow I thought everyone starts on the same date. I start on the 22nd,I know freshers parties are between 22nd and 29th of September. And I'm supposed to come either on 19th or 20th,but not sure yer which one to pick....this is what happens when people are given choices......
did you go sixth form or college by the way?.....I presume either way, you did A levels

Yep the joys of doing dentistry... Not.

Yeah I went to a sixth form and did A levels, guess you too?
yep I went sixth form as well :biggrin: but my god I'm so glad I finished, I'm not sure anyone in this country found A levels a joy...:frown: .... so....from your first statement I guess, you are not looking forward to doing dentistry?
Reply 16
yep I went sixth form as well :biggrin: but my god I'm so glad I finished, I'm not sure anyone in this country found A levels a joy...:frown: .... so....from your first statement I guess, you are not looking forward to doing dentistry?

Oh no I want to do dentistry, just not looking forward to starting a week earlier than everybody else.
Hello there I found out I'll be in flat 29! :tongue: I love this number is beautiful haha ,but anyway have you bought tickets for any of the freshers week's parties? I don't know wheather I should book them now or wait to see what people from central towers go to (I wouldn't want to go to a party alone :frown:)
Reply 18
Hello there I found out I'll be in flat 29! :tongue: I love this number is beautiful haha ,but anyway have you bought tickets for any of the freshers week's parties? I don't know wheather I should book them now or wait to see what people from central towers go to (I wouldn't want to go to a party alone :frown:)

How much are you paying a week?

I don't know what to do yet lol.

Btw do you have a load of paperwork to sign lol?
(edited 9 years ago)
115 punds per week and since the uni booked my room,I didn't need to sign anything,just paid my deposit

Quick Reply

Latest