The Student Room Group

Woman glasses a man's eye, has 18 previous assaults, gets anger management classes.

What do you all think of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726219/Yasmin-Thomas-victim-disgusted-walked-free.html

She has 18 previous assault convictions and still isn't being sent to prison. She almost blinded this man and gets anger management classes. UK court system is so biased.

Scroll to see replies

Anger management glasses? Do they wipe away the red mist?
Seen this before and it's ridiculous. Should have been in jail before this happened :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Anger management glasses? Do they wipe away the red mist?

lel you replied fast. I editted that like 10 seconds after posting.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lel you replied fast. I editted that like 10 seconds after posting.

:sly:
Reply 5
b/c female
Someone should snap her neck
Reply 7
Atleast I know I can get my sister to shank 18 different people for me before she ends up doing hard time in anger management.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow, I didn't realise I had that much of a free pass to be a disgusting animal.
I question why the judge felt the need to not send her to prison, and to only give her a suspended sentence.

In my opinion, I feel the jury and judge shouldn't be allowed to know the gender or name of the defendant in a trial, to ensure that judgement is passed fairly without any stereotyping, but I don't know if it's workable.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Wow, I didn't realise I had that much of a free pass to be a disgusting animal.

considering that you are not banned yet i would say yes you have :biggrin:
Original post by GnomeMage
considering that you are not banned yet i would say yes you have :biggrin:

I don't know what you mean :indiff:
That's so messed up
I'm disgusted she never got a harsher sentence, especially as she has a lot of previous convictions but meh, I can't say I'm that surprised at her sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's disgusting :puke:
(edited 9 years ago)
i'd let her off for looking good......
if she was black she would have gone to prison. If you're a white British female the country is your playground to do what you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not defending what she's done 'cause, like everyone else, I'm disgusted by her actions and agree she should've faced a custodial sentence waaaay before now... but you do all realise **** like this happens an awful lot, in various different cases, right?
Reply 18
Original post by Waka Flocka
if she was black she would have gone to prison. If you're a white British female the country is your playground to do what you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She is black, genius. Scroll down the article.
Reply 19
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I don't know what you mean :indiff:

lol

Anyway

Original post by ChickenMadness
What do you all think of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726219/Yasmin-Thomas-victim-disgusted-walked-free.html

She has 18 previous assault convictions and still isn't being sent to prison. She almost blinded this man and gets anger management classes. UK court system is so biased.

ChickenMadness (interesting name) is this her?:

Not sure who the photo is as it says Sally Adams lol and another photo shows a white looking women. Just wanna know who the person is :s-smilie: Because if she is the black woman in this photo, we know there is some innocence on her side in the other cases because she would otherwise have been "banged up straight away" if she weren't. Yes, because she's black :colonhash:

Or she's got a great legal team :dontknow:

Also, we don't know the details of her priors. So we can't just go off that alone. :colonhash: I've beat some ass in my days and got off, but it was because self defense :haughty: or lack of charges pressed because the person took their own accountability, or not severe enough damage caused. She is also ONLY 21 YEARS OLD so the lenience of being a juvie or youth offender in the past, helloooo? We know how finicky and technical the legal system can be, one small thing once reported has to be labelled as something, and once details were put together she probably fit the bill for assault but most likely didn't do much harm or it was self defense or the victim had their own record of violence that docked sympathy from them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest