The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

What nights out are generally the best in freshers week?

Which nights did everyone enjoy the most during their freshers week? It's gonna be quite hard to choose where to go since there seems to be a lot of events.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Wait until you get to Sheffield before you book as you'll want to decide what to do with your flat. Personally last year the Roller Disco was amazing fun (was at Skate Central near the station), and the events at the Union are really great too! We also spent a couple of nights in freshers week just having a few drinks and wandering around Endcliffe saying hi to random people!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I think I can speak on behalf of most of shef when I say... CORP CORP CORP!

Go to the school disco on wednesday, and drown yourself in blue pints (they're like famous in shef). Last year at freshers everyone pretty much went out at the union most nights, but you also wanna go leadmill, PLUG (ON FRIDAY!), and others like fez (opens till 6am if you're up for it, I think it's like house music).

My plan this freshers is corp wednesday, plug friday, and that's it so far. Probs the union the other nights cos they'll have events like uv party probs. If you wanna go on a bar/club crawl, you'll wanna go caver street, where you buy a wristband and you get entry to about 10 places.

There's also a load of bars n stuff around town, if you wanna know about them.
Reply 3
Agreed with the post above me, Corp on Wednesday, Plug on Friday, for the rest of the nights check what the union's doing. Corp requires a white shirt and tie on Wednesdays so don't forget to pack them!
POPPY TEES!! Saturday, at the union. I love that place.
All depends on what you like doing.

Clubs: Corp is cheap and a lot of people enjoy it (albeit a dive), Plug and Leadmill are supposed to be good.

Pubs and bars: West Street and Division Street are the best roads for pubs and bars. Plenty of lively places i.e. West Street Live, Cavendish - also The Walkabout just off West Street. There are also plenty of decent pubs with good atmosphere selling real ales on West Street (Swim Inn, Beehive), Division Street (Brewdog, The Hop, The Old House, Lloyds Bar) and also on the main road through Broomhill (Fox and Duck, Nottingham House, The York).

Carver Street is also good for clubs and bars but tend to be on the pricey side (Viper Rooms, Crystal, Pop World).

This is all based on going to many of these places on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm going to University of Sheffield but I live in Sheffield.
(edited 9 years ago)
to be honest, most nights out in freshers are pretty decent, given there are so many students around! union nights are always a safe bet though, plenty of other uni of students around! :smile:

Original post by .snowflake.
POPPY TEES!! Saturday, at the union. I love that place.

second this! pop tarts is the best! :tongue:
I enjoy Corp and Plug along with some of the Student Union nights. Never been to Pop Tarts as I'm ashamed of the music and the dancing on my part that would accompany it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending