The Student Room Group

Penetration Tester (aka Hacker)

Im a Studying Penetration Tester (aka Hacker) ask me anything....
Original post by PrinceX
Im a Studying Penetration Tester (aka Hacker) ask me anything....

Fine, in a standard virtual environment what steps would you take to overwrite various pointers used within the kernel dispatch table? :smug:

Furthermore, do you use metasploit? :pierre:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
Fine, in a standard virtual environment what steps would you take to overwrite various pointers used within the kernel dispatch table? :smug:

I use metasploit, and it is a very good program to exploit, enumerate, and launches various auxiliary modules for various things but it does has some drawbacks though. And to your first question iv only just started the course you can ask me anything else on exploiting and other categories related to it.
Original post by PrinceX
I use metasploit, and it is a very good program to exploit, enumerate, and launches various auxiliary modules for various things but it does has some drawbacks though. And to your first question iv only just started the course you can ask me anything else on exploiting and other categories related to it.

Which course is it that you're doing, and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking, and haven't you thought of creating a dummy wireless network, so you can further develop your skills of penetrating networks?:daydreaming:

Do you also know any programming/scripting languages? Have you come across bash scripting??? :smile:
Reply 4
Im doing various courses like Certified Ethical Hacker, CCNA, and Forensics. the Certified Ethical Hacker one cost me 1300 pounds. I know bits of python, c, perl and shell scripting. Also i have a created a dummy network of about ten virtual machines running different os's like windows, linux, freebsd, and mac.
Original post by PrinceX
Im doing various courses like Certified Ethical Hacker, CCNA, and Forensics. the Certified Ethical Hacker one cost me 1300 pounds. I know bits of python, c, perl and shell scripting. Also i have a created a dummy network of about ten virtual machines running different os's like windows, linux, freebsd, and mac.

Certified Ethical Hacker is completely useless. IMO, you wasted 1300, and valuable time that you'd never get back.

Personally, I would've gone CCNA > CCNA Security > OSCP. That's just me though. :smile:
Reply 6
Certified Ethical Hacker is completely useless. IMO, you wasted 1300, and valuable time that you'd never get back.

Personally, I would've gone CCNA > CCNA Security > OSCP. That's just me though. :smile:

I dont think it is a waste of time or money because then im going to do another that will put me in charge of a penetration testing team and get paid 50 000 pounds a year for a london based company.
Original post by PrinceX
I dont think it is a waste of time or money because then im going to do another that will put me in charge of a penetration testing team and get paid 50 000 pounds a year for a london based company.

You don't get that far with just a C|EH. Most people in high end Penetration Testing jobs have had years of experience with both networking and security.

Anyway, the OSCP has a higher average salary, and the training course is far cheaper (£700-£900). Ohh, and the exam is far far better. :3

Nevertheless, good luck with the C|EH :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

If you're so 1337 can you DDoS? lulz jk.
Original post by Incubator
If you're so 1337 can you DDoS? lulz jk.

lel, you mean gettin' them botnetz and sendin' those packets:colone:
lel, you mean gettin' them botnetz and sendin' those packets:colone:

Ofc, I be settin' up dat Zues and be hax0ring those bank accounts :colone:

jk jk feds do not raid me
Original post by Incubator
Ofc, I be settin' up dat Zues and be hax0ring those bank accounts :colone:

jk jk feds do not raid me

:rofl: :gthumb:
:rofl: :gthumb:

Are you Sabu? pls dnt get me raided k