The Student Room Group

Will this end my JSA?

I have been on JSA a month, but I have accepted a position abroad which doesn't start until late October. That's 10 weeks, will this end my JSA or am I entitled to keep claiming until the day I fly out and start?

Ta
Reply 1
Original post by ChapelTom
I have been on JSA a month, but I have accepted a position abroad which doesn't start until late October. That's 10 weeks, will this end my JSA or am I entitled to keep claiming until the day I fly out and start?

Ta

Follow your own rules, you claim it until you head out, you don't need to inform anyone that you found a job if it's abroad, why do they care? When you go abroad, you contact them and tell them I have found a job and won't need to receive it anymore. Done.
Reply 2
If anything happens, "I didn't know".
Original post by ChapelTom

Ta

You can still claim JSA up until the day your job starts (though clearly before that if you move abroad).

What they want is for you to continue looking, in case a "better option" comes up. What may also happen, depending on the job, is they allow time for you to prepare as opposed to job hunt.

Source: In the position myself, have a job for October and have done since i started JSA which they know about, but its free money to pretend im looking for a better one. They also care less about me applying for new jobs as i recently have received my study material to take my first industry exam within a few weeks of starting.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending