The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Allina
Got rejected by UCL , reason? my predicted grades (17/20 overall in the french baccalaureate) weren't high enough...

Waah I m sorry for you!For what course? Moi j'ai 14 en prédictions x) !

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Got an ABB offer in History and Philosophy of Science with ABBD in AS (A in Psychology, B's in RS and History, D in economics) and 2 A* 2A's and 6 B's at GCSE level, predicted AAA. Has anyone looked at accommodation? Which would be the best with a £160 PW budget
Original post by Allina
Got rejected by UCL , reason? my predicted grades (17/20 overall in the french baccalaureate) weren't high enough...

They gave you that as the feedback in the rejection?
Original post by aersh8
Good luck! It's nice to see a fellow biomedical engineer :smile: you did well emailing them since I received an offer from them mid October so there might have indeed been a communication error. Are you planning to firm UCL if you get an offer?(And with those grades you most probably will)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on if I get a place in medicine! :wink: If I don't then UCL here I come! :wink: What about you??
Original post by vinkebg
Waah I m sorry for you!For what course? Moi j'ai 14 en prédictions x) !

Posted from TSR Mobile

economics+ a year abroad :frown:
Original post by lecafe88
They gave you that as the feedback in the rejection?

Yes , "your predicted grades are lower than normally required for this programme of study."
Original post by Allina
Yes , "your predicted grades are lower than normally required for this programme of study."

But on the website the minimum requirements its 15,75 overall ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dana.low
It depends on if I get a place in medicine! :wink: If I don't then UCL here I come! :wink: What about you??

I see, good luck then! Where have you applied?
UCL is my insurance so if I don't meet my Cambridge offer you'll probably find me there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vinkebg
But on the website the minimum requirements its 15,75 overall ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but there is so much competition that they have to select between those who have extremely high grades. So probably people predicted more than 17/20...
Original post by Allina
I know, but there is so much competition that they have to select between those who have extremely high grades. So probably people predicted more than 17/20...

That's not how it works. When they say below, they mean below the minimum requirements. Definitely tell them that they must have made a mistake, since you're predicted considerably higher than the requirements.

[Were there any subject-specific requirements you do not meet? Ie, 14 in, say Maths, when they require 15?]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
That's not how it works. When they say below, they mean below the minimum requirements. Definitely tell them that they must have made a mistake, since you're predicted considerably higher than the requirements.

[Were there any subject-specific requirements you do not meet? Ie, 14 in, say Maths, when they require 15?]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for BA Geography with predicted AAB - my college don't predict A* (even though I got 95% + UMS) in Geography.
Do you think my application will be considered?
:confused:
Reply 2751
Got an Open Day offer for Economics at UCL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Does this mean I'll definitely get a conditional offer after I attend the open day?
Original post by Allina

That's very unfortunate. However, do note that there are only twenty places for the course, and you are also competing with A level students, possibly predictions of A*A*A*A or above. Did you also apply for L100 straight Economics?
Got an open day invite. Does anyone know when the offer will show up on ucas? Is it after the open day?
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
Got an open day invite. Does anyone know when the offer will show up on ucas? Is it after the open day?

If you dont mind me askin, to which course did you apply?
Got an offer to an open day for economics with a year abroad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiaanaE
I hope I will receive an offer soon. What did you write in the email?

I wrote to them saying I applied on 14th October and asked if they had made a decision. I also asked them that if they hadn't reviewed my file then by when I will receive a reply.

Good luck for you decision.Hope you get in!
I called today and found out they aren't running any more History subject specific open days. I haven't received a response yet since submitting my essay 2 weeks ago and my application was sent in on 15th Jan. Is this inevitably a long, drawn-out rejection?
Reply 2758
Got an invite to the economics open day too, should be sick bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
finally got an offer for history with a european lang. today!! I'm over the moon :smile: anyone going to the post offer day on the 11th of march?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending