The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolasinac138
I haven't heard, and I sent my application off in SEPTEMBER. Should I be worried?

Original post by workingspade
I'm in a similar position :frown: I'm an international student and I sent off my application in early October for Mechanical Engineering. I've got replies from my other four unis, but not UCL :frown:

Original post by athymy
I know how you feel. I'm in the same situation... Applied for Economics and Statistics mid October and still haven't heard anything from them. I'm 90% sure they are going to reject as it has nearly been 5 months since I applied and I know that several people have already gotten offers.

I also emailed them asking about my application status and they gave me a generic 'We have a lot of applicants to deal with' response.

You do realise that they have up to May 6th before they have to reply to applications. If you haven't heard by then, you can consider yourself rejected.
Every department in every Uni has different ways of sorting out and then processing their applications and the more prestigious the Uni is and the more competitive the course is will also have a bearing.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by lecafe88
Focus all your efforts to destroy C3 and C4 so you won't have to worry.

Setting out to destroy everything this year. Further maths is slowing me down. I could get a U in it and it wouldnt affect my uni place :/
Original post by Lwin
What are your backups? Decide if you would be happy to attend one of the unis with an AAA offer (if you have a uni who offered that). Because otherwise, as you said, you might not get in anywhere.
On the other hand if you truly can't imagine going anywhere but Cambridge or UCL than you might as well put UCL as your insurance and then make sure you get that A*!!! They might be lenient, they might not be, so it's more risky.

I think I might!
Original post by than4711
Which course did you apply for?
I sent mine off on 24th of November and got an offer for Economics L100 on 27th of February.

Wow, congrats! I applied for L100 too, in October, no clue what happened XD If you don't mind, what was your predicted? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Tantheta
Wow, congrats! I applied for L100 too, in October, no clue what happened XD If you don't mind, what was your predicted? Thanks :smile:

i did Maths,F.maths and Chemistry, AS business studies, but dropped afterwards as i got a C in it.
predicted 3A* but i guess they let me in as i got full ums in both C3 and C4, though i got AABC at AS :angry:
Original post by EHZ17
Economics, L100.

I heard that if you firm Oxbridge they may be lenient to you if you insure them but I'm pretty sure that can't be right.

No, they said they never budge on grades if you insure them and the only time it would ever be a good idea to insure them is if you have an Oxbridge offer which is higher eg St John's Cambridge has been known to give out A*A*A offers for Econ.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oharasmo
Got an ABB offer in History and Philosophy of Science with ABBD in AS (A in Psychology, B's in RS and History, D in economics) and 2 A* 2A's and 6 B's at GCSE level, predicted AAA. Has anyone looked at accommodation? Which would be the best with a £160 PW budget

You don't choose the accommodation for UCL you just say catered/self catered, what your preference is (proximity, en-suite, shared/single) and a maximum price I believe. So you might select 'en suite, max 210', 'non-shared room, max 160' something like that
Original post by aersh8
I see, good luck then! Where have you applied?
UCL is my insurance so if I don't meet my Cambridge offer you'll probably find me there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!! Cambridge! Good luck!!! I applied to Dundee (no int) and then had interviews from King's, Southampton and Leicester! :smile:
Original post by workingspade
I'm in a similar position :frown: I'm an international student and I sent off my application in early October for Mechanical Engineering. I've got replies from my other four unis, but not UCL :frown:

International student here applying for Mechanical Engineering too. :h:
The wait is killing me! :frown:
What are the other four unis that accepted you?
I'm an international student as well , waiting for architecture reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramesh Babu
I'm an international student as well , waiting for architecture reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Laughed so hard when I saw your username
Reply 2791
International student waitîng for PPE,plain ESPS and the ESPS dual degree...Cant take it anymore hahahaha ! But at least i have been invited to an interview for the plain ESPS !
Original post by is553
Not too long of a wait then. Thank you that is really helpful. I think I'll wait 2 weeks and then drop them an email if i can muster up the courage to do that haha. There seems to be a lot of problems with their admissions department this year! Congratulations on your offer that is such an achievement!! Crossing my fingers for an offer its my first choice eek.
Yeah i think it was ok...was in their for about 35 minutes a lot longer than i expected and we really only spoke about one text with an occasional reference to other texts but still. Also when i got out i realised there was so much more i could have said, annoying but always happens. Think my commentary was quite good think i made some reasonably intelligent points (a lot better than my Cambridge written test which was a disaster ahah). How was your interview when you had it?

Yeah, do it! :smile: and thank you so much, I hope you get good news too! Is it your first choice?
Yeah I didn't think mine went that well at all, like yours they focussed almost entirely on one text - one poet's works, to be exact (Blake, who I haven't studied since fricking AS) and I felt like the woman hated a lot of answers - at some points we did get into some interesting discussions though, and I felt my commentary was pretty good. I definitely felt like that too, I was kicking myself for some of the things I said when I got out!
I applied for the ESPS dual degree in december... No answers yet, so worried.
Has anyone got interviews?
Original post by dana.low
Wow!! Cambridge! Good luck!!! I applied to Dundee (no int) and then had interviews from King's, Southampton and Leicester! :smile:

Thanks, you too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamjamjamT
You do realise that they have up to May 6th before they have to reply to applications. If you haven't heard by then, you can consider yourself rejected.
Every department in every Uni has different ways of sorting out and then processing their applications and the more prestigious the Uni is and the more competitive the course is will also have a bearing.

I heard from Imperial 3 weeks after application and from Cambridge after about 4 weeks. Why can't UCL be faster than 6 months? Absolutely sick of it.
I heard from Imperial 3 weeks after application and from Cambridge after about 4 weeks. Why can't UCL be faster than 6 months? Absolutely sick of it.

How did you hear from Cambridge after 4 weeks?

That applies to every University although most of them do try and let their applicants know by March 31st. If you have offers from Imperial and Cambridge why are you getting in a tizz about UCL?

There are plenty of others out there who are still waiting for replies as well.
Original post by EHZ17
Would UCL take me on AAA if my offer was A*AA? I want to firm Cambridge but my Cambridge offer is A*AA with an A* in anything - so if I miss that I've missed everything.

If you are good enough to get an offer from Cambridge, you should be good enough to get an A*.
That applies to every University although most of them do try and let their applicants know by March 31st. If you have offers from Imperial and Cambridge why are you getting in a tizz about UCL?

There are plenty of others out there who are still waiting for replies as well.

If you are good enough to get an offer from Cambridge, you should be good enough to get an A*.

Lol the guy probably got a pre-interview rejection if he heard in four weeks. So stop rubbing salt into his wounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending