University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Patrick2810
grats, whats the offer? :smile:

A*A*AA, which is okay I guess.

Is there anyone I can email in UCL to ask about reasons for rejection?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Kolasinac138
I got rejected from UCL for Comp Sci, but I got an offer from Imperial for Comp Sci... #stronglogic

SAME

This is 100% bs, I got AAAA @ AS in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and I'm taking (the same) 4 A2s. What more do they want?!

They've left it to the last minute, run out of time to process everyone, and auto-rejected us all.

Not really upset as I've got Imperial.... but still seems stupid. Highly doubt my application was even looked at.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3142
Likewise guys, just got rejected for CompSci. What the hell did they have to wait till the last hour though?
Original post by akrl
Likewise guys, just got rejected for CompSci. What the hell did they have to wait till the last hour though?

Useless ***** who didn't even consider us, just batch-rejected everyone who they couldn't be bothered to look at.

My academic record was almsot flawless as far as a computer science application goes. People on "Connect" who got Bs at AS have received offers... :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by edd1234
Useless cnts who didn't even consider us, just batch-rejected everyone who they couldn't be bothered to look at.

My academic record was flawless as far as a computer science application goes. People on "Connect" who got Bs at AS have received offers... :mad:

Edit: I'm emailing them now, asking for specific reasons why I was rejected and lightly suggesting my application wasn't fairly considered. You guys should do the same :wink:

I totally get everyone's frustration but not everything is about the grades. 'Flawless academic records' won't alone get you offers. You have to obviously show your passion and willingness for the subject.
I get that you should have been given an offer but grades are not everything.
Original post by lizmoo0721
I totally get everyone's frustration but not everything is about the grades. 'Flawless academic records' won't alone get you offers. You have to obviously show your passion and willingness for the subject.
I get that you should have been given an offer but grades are not everything.

On my personal statement, I included everything from working at a computer shop for three years to creating my own java programs that "inspired" me about topics that you can find on UCL's course syllabus. I mentioned books that I'd read, relevant work that I'd done in school, lectures I'd watched, events I'd visited.

I know what you mean... but no.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry about the rejection! That sounds amazing! I'm sure they're are missing out on having a student like you tbh. Some universities have a strange way of doing things. What I think is annoying is how they have left everything so late, I applied at the beginning of October and still haven't heard - my application is still on 'received'. So if I wanted to go through Extra or something, places have already gone. What takes them so long to decline.
I've seen they haven't even opened my application yet to consider it, so if I get declined I will be annoyed that they sort of 'rushed it'.
I totally understand your frustration! Was UCL your first choice?
Original post by lizmoo0721
Sorry about the rejection! That sounds amazing! I'm sure they're are missing out on having a student like you tbh. Some universities have a strange way of doing things. What I think is annoying is how they have left everything so late, I applied at the beginning of October and still haven't heard - my application is still on 'received'. So if I wanted to go through Extra or something, places have already gone. What takes them so long to decline.
I've seen they haven't even opened my application yet to consider it, so if I get declined I will be annoyed that they sort of 'rushed it'.
I totally understand your frustration! Was UCL your first choice?

haha thanks, but I'm not that annoyed... Got an offer from Imperial so it's all goooood, it's just the principle... :biggrin:

gl with yours...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by edd1234
haha thanks, but idek why I'm raging on here, I'm not even mad... Got an offer from Imperial so it's all goooood, it's just the principle... :biggrin:

gl with yours...

You're allowed too hahah for them leaving rejections so late! IMPERIAL WOW! That's amazing! I get what you meannnnnnnnn :smile:

thanks...:smile:
Original post by edd1234
Useless cnts who didn't even consider us, just batch-rejected everyone who they couldn't be bothered to look at.

My academic record was flawless as far as a computer science application goes. People on "Connect" who got Bs at AS have received offers... :mad:

Edit: I'm emailing them now, asking for specific reasons why I was rejected and lightly suggesting my application wasn't fairly considered. You guys should do the same :wink:

I don't understand.. Who will you email?
Has anyone heard from the Geography Dep...I'm getting so bored of waiting and might withdraw my application so I can firm accommodation at other Uni's.
I don't understand.. Who will you email?

There's a contact form on their "About Us" page, and also the head of admissions under the "People" bit.

What's not to understand :smile: ?

I'm not trying to get anything changed (Imperial FTW) but I was just gonna see what they respond.
Original post by edd1234
There's a contact form on their "About Us" page, and also the head of admissions under the "People" bit.

What's not to understand :smile: ?

I'm not trying to get anything changed (Imperial FTW) but I was just gonna see what they respond.

Could you link me to the page, please?
Original post by akrl

I don't know, it's really confusing;.
Does studying an A level in a MFL put you at an advantage when applying at UCL ?
Could you link me to the page, please?

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/about_us/contact_us/

"Undergraduate Admissions Tutor"
Dr Danail Stoyanov [email protected]

Can't remember where I found this, but this is probably the most relevant: [email protected]
Original post by edd1234
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/about_us/contact_us/

"Undergraduate Admissions Tutor"
Dr Danail Stoyanov [email protected]

Can't remember where I found this, but this is probably the most relevant: [email protected]

Which one did you email?
EDD123456789

I dont even think you should bother emailing them

You are not the only one rejected. There will be loads like you
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AQUF42
EDD123456789

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI

Original post by AQUF42

You are not the only one rejected. There will be loads like you

So there's many people like me and...? I feel bad for those where UCL was their first choice.

Original post by AQUF42

What's the point?

The point is it feels like we've not been considered.
Everyone I know in my sixth form (all 100 and something) has heard back from all their Unis before today.
Does it not seem a little odd that I hear nothing for 5+ months, and then suddenly a load of us get rejected at almost exactly 5pm on the deadline for decisions to be made?
If they were going to reject me, why didn't they do so before?
Original post by AQUF42

Hope you will not use the same language you have used on TSR

fyi my email was very simple:
"Dear Sir or Madam,

I was very surprised to be rejected from your university today right at the end of the deadline.

I'd appreciate knowing the specific reasons for my rejection.

Kind regards,
blah blah blah..."

Original post by AQUF42

Not very amusing

Wasn't meant to be.

I'm sorry if you were one of those rejected, congratulations if you got an offer, or a massive gtfo if you have nothing to do with this, but don't try and take some non-existent high-ground here.
(edited 9 years ago)
Which one did you email?

last one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending