The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Hey, Just wanted to see how many people were interested in applying to UCL for the upcoming Cycle. Personally I'm applying for Urban Planning, Design and Management BSc. At AS I got AAAC so there's a good chance I'll get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
---
Connect to UCL here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Architecture with AAB
Worried about portfolio:frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
thinking applying to psych, got 40/42 in my predicted IB :smile:
Applying for Arts and Sciences. Got AAAA for AS (English, History, French and Chemistry - continuing all to A2).

This is my first choice! At other unis I'm applying for History and French, but this is the course I really like.
Reply 4
Maybe maths here
Original post by ryanb97
Maybe maths here

Oh cool, what other uni's are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xcartoonheart
Applying for Arts and Sciences. Got AAAA for AS (English, History, French and Chemistry - continuing all to A2).

This is my first choice! At other unis I'm applying for History and French, but this is the course I really like.

That's like me as well. At other uni's I'm applying for politics/International development but really like UCL and it's planning course. If I get an offer will probably firm it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for medicine! Got AAAA at AS in bio, chem, maths and econ and keeping all 4 to A2. Also doing f. maths AS over the two years and starting an EPQ this summer.
Applying for History, politics and Economics :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Oh cool, what other uni's are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for medicine ... But am putting maths at UCL/Warwick as my 5th choice
(I know about the STEP requirements and stuff)

Are you applying for maths ?
Edit : stupid Q I just saw your 1st post
Reply 10
If you apply to UCL for eg Chemical engineering with a medicine personal statement

Does your application get treated equally or are you less favourably looked upon?
Reply 11
I want to apply for Civil Engineering, do I have a good chance of getting an offer? GCSEs: 4A*s 6A AS: AAAC (Maths, physics, chemistry and history) Predicted: A*A*Aa (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and AS further maths). I've attended physics lectures, read books, volunteered and have some work experience and am applying for more. Also, is this course mathematical compared to say Imperial's Civil Engineering course? As having a mathematics A level is not a prerequisite for entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Applying for mechanical engineering. AABC
Do i stand a chance?
Hey guys, do you think I would stand a chance for L100 Econ with these results, or do you think Management/Econ+Stats sounds more realistic?

GCSE: 8A*4A

AS: AAA (Maths 86.3 UMS, Chemistry 86 UMS, Economics 86 UMS) plus 3 additional maths units for Math A2/Further Maths (C3, FP1, M2 averaged 86 UMS, again)

For what it's worth, other than Mechanics M1 at a B, all my other papers in every subject are A grades, although none of them are spectacular A grades except maybe C2 at 96/100.

A2 Prediction: A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Further Maths)
Original post by lecafe88
Hey guys, do you think I would stand a chance for L100 Econ with these results, or do you think Management/Econ+Stats sounds more realistic?

GCSE: 8A*4A

AS: AAA (Maths 86.3 UMS, Chemistry 86 UMS, Economics 86 UMS) plus 3 additional maths units for Math A2/Further Maths (C3, FP1, M2 averaged 86 UMS, again)

For what it's worth, other than Mechanics M1 at a B, all my other papers in every subject are A grades, although none of them are spectacular A grades except maybe C2 at 96/100.

A2 Prediction: A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Further Maths)

Yeah, you would definitely get at least an interview. My friends brother got ABBC at AS and got an interview for Economics at UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Do UCL interview for Civil Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be applying for Maths with Modern Languages :smile:
Original post by RyaanL97
Do UCL interview for Civil Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The brochure says that you attend a selection afternoon, so maybe an interview will be part of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be applying for UCL Medicine :biggrin: I take the IB but I don't know my predicted grades yet :frown:
UCL for PPE

Does anyone have UCL PS tips?

Quick Reply

Latest