The Student Room Group

What should I take?

Okay, so firstly, I got AAABB in my recent highers, and would like to get into economics at Edinburgh, which has a typical entry of 4 A's. This year, I'm taking advanced higher geography, higher modern studies and advanced higher french. However, I was wondering if it would be a better idea if I were to take higher accounting instead of french, as scottish universities don't care as much about advanced highers, and accounting would surely be more relevant.

what should I do??😥😥😥😥
Original post by DBV997
Okay, so firstly, I got AAABB in my recent highers, and would like to get into economics at Edinburgh, which has a typical entry of 4 A's. This year, I'm taking advanced higher geography, higher modern studies and advanced higher french. However, I was wondering if it would be a better idea if I were to take higher accounting instead of french, as scottish universities don't care as much about advanced highers, and accounting would surely be more relevant.

what should I do??

Is one of your A's in Higher in French?, I'd suggest Advanced Higher French because it's a strong language subject, which employers and the university I suspect will like better than Higher Accounting. Although you are right in saying that the Scottish universities may not mind about AH's, you do have Higher Modern Studies, so get your A in that (requires work but is quite easily attainable with your results) and focus on the other two advanced highers. You've got time at uni to take the subject and learn the accounting, AH French will give you much more of an advantage in my opinion.
Where's maths and why are you not taking it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending