The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by maymuyt
Does anyone know if we can resit A2 coursework?

Coursework for essay based subjects or sciences?
Original post by uekp6956
Hi I'm resitting 4 modules 2 maths 2 chemistry both edexcel & hopefully privately.
Does anyone know of any good centres in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope this helps!

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/find-a-centre/Pages/Where-can-I-take-edexcel-exams.aspx
Reply 62
For english literature
Reply 63
It's so great knowing there are people out there going through what I'm going through.Thank you everyone for your responses :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by maymuyt
For english literature

I'm not sure sorry:smile:
Reply 65
Original post by muf_mur
I am resitting edexcel A2 physics and chemistry.Today I opened my chem book and immediately entered a sad sombre mood.i dont know how i am going to stay motivated and study hard :frown:
Physics has been going well

I know the feeling! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, im thinking of resitting a few exams since im taking my gap year, I really wasn't happy with my English language results and think ill retake my AS and A2 exam , is it a good idea to hire a tutor and how do universities feel about retakes because I am applying soon ?
i'm retaking a year
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Are you teaching yourself the content?

I never got predicted grades because, the universities (if you are applying) will expect you to get the grade that they state on their website in retrospect to resits.

If they are doing your application I don't know if they can predict your grades, you can get it referenced in your academic reference that you are resitting.

I'm not sure, I took the year out to see how the grades went knowing I wanted an A and then took another to apply?

Sorry, been a bit busy last couple of days, haven't been on TSR. PM you just now :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by ThePanoramicGame
Sorry, been a bit busy last couple of days, haven't been on TSR. PM you just now :biggrin:

I'm getting my previous sixth form to submit my ucas application which means my predictions would be the same for last year since I am sitting every single exam as I flopped them (BCD) when I was predicted AAB. So hopefully, my predictions will stay the same as before. What is everyone else applying for and when are you going to start revision?
Reply 70
Original post by Riss2013
Hi guys, im thinking of resitting a few exams since im taking my gap year, I really wasn't happy with my English language results and think ill retake my AS and A2 exam , is it a good idea to hire a tutor and how do universities feel about retakes because I am applying soon ?

If you feel you need a tutor why not!!
I think I'll get one for maths to help me out with exam technique.&Also further explain some concepts I didn't quite understand .
Well some universities raise their entry requirements some don't mind if you are resitting .e.g Nottingham raises their entry requirements for resit applicants by a grade for some courses .So a typical offer of ABB for us would be AAB.But other universities don't mind.I can't remember which uni it was but they say "We only care about your final grade not how you got there" .How nice is that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
i'm retaking a year

Welcome to the clan :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Welcome to the clan :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you retaking a year? or just some a2 modules
Reply 73
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
are you retaking a year? or just some a2 modules

Some a2 modules :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maymuyt
I'm getting my previous sixth form to submit my ucas application which means my predictions would be the same for last year since I am sitting every single exam as I flopped them (BCD) when I was predicted AAB. So hopefully, my predictions will stay the same as before. What is everyone else applying for and when are you going to start revision?

Start revising from the get go - you'll spread out the work and have more time to revise in little hits so you don't feel you are over whelming yourself with work and you'll have more time to chill :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Start revising from the get go - you'll spread out the work and have more time to revise in little hits so you don't feel you are over whelming yourself with work and you'll have more time to chill :smile:

Taking this on board.But starting is very difficult :'( Once you get into a routine it becomes easier though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taking this on board.But starting is very difficult :'( Once you get into a routine it becomes easier though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Incredibly difficult, but yeah, routine made it so much easier. Think of it this way, would you rather cram and panic and make the same mistakes, or use this as an opportunity to set it right with little stress and loads of free time, not to mention the relief and happiness you get with your better grade?

Believe and it will happen :tongue:
Original post by maymuyt

like some people have mentioned already on here, you would be better of starting as soon as you can. I'm gonna start at the end of this month as I'm a bit busy with work and interviews and things at the moment. As for predicted grades, i went to discuss that i wanted to sit externally with my sixth form but didnt talk about predicted grades so i need to visit soon and do that. How many exams would that then be in total? I am definitely going to retake 4 modules and I am considering doing a further 2-3 exams for maths to try and go from B-A as i need to make up quite a lot of marks and could only be done from retaking atleast 2 exams.

Oh and I am applying for chemical engineering :biggrin:
Reply 78
Your referee is the only one who can enter predicted grades when they send your reference :smile:

Hi
Oh really? okay I'm confused now so how can i get my predicted grades? because I'm not a full time student?
Reply 79
Original post by A sheesh
Im not entirely sure. I think when you make your application as an external student, theres a place to put them in

and i was aqa for chemistry:smile:

Hi
Oh okay...umm last thing sorry, did you add anything more to your personal statement before re-applying or just kept it the same?

Quick Reply

Latest