The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Just wondering is there anyone resiting A2 modules on a gap year in 2014-2015?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGemini

Certainly not in a gap year.I might resit my AS level modules(Physics,Maths and ICT).Got Bs in those.A in Economics.Not a problem.I might resit while preparing for my A2 modules.The reason I am resitting is my GCSE grades were terrible and to get into an extremely good university for instance LSE
I am ,and as
Yep, just made a thread about this the other day and got like one reply, haha :P I'll be resitting 4 A2 modules and 1 AS hopefully :smile:

Yep I need 8 marks to bump a B to an A. I'm resitting a module that I got a C in. And sitting one other exam. So I'll have two exams to study for this year. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Yep I need 8 marks to bump a B to an A. I'm resitting a module that I got a C in. And sitting one other exam. So I'll have two exams to study for this year. :smile:

Original post by coolerthanbeans
Yep, just made a thread about this the other day and got like one reply, haha :P I'll be resitting 4 A2 modules and 1 AS hopefully :smile:

Lol coolerthanbeans :smile:
Same here ,I will be resitting a few modules this year:smile:
When do you guys plan on starting revision?

I'll probably study from September onwards and just take it a little at a time :smile:
Reply 7
I'll probably study from September onwards and just take it a little at a time :smile:

Yeah ,me too.Im still trying to figure out where I went wrong this year .Don't want to make the same mistakes :smile:
Yeah ,me too.Im still trying to figure out where I went wrong this year .Don't want to make the same mistakes :smile:

For me I was very close to the next grade, so it's a case of just gaining a few more marks here and there :smile:

What grades did you get, and what do you want to get? Maybe ask to see your paper and go through it with your teacher. They can point out to you where you lost the marks. You have to pay to see your paper, but some people I know found it really helpful when they did it last year. I'm not exactly sure how or when you can get it. But maybe contact your school.

I am! :biggrin: Will retake three, maybe four modules and will self-study them over the year. Which ones are you resitting out of interest?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Can you retake some a2 modules whilst you are in 1st year of uni?
I'm self studying 5 of my a2 exams and my a2 chemistry isa
Reply 12
Original post by Vorsah
Can you retake some a2 modules whilst you are in 1st year of uni?

Yes ,you can do them as a private candidate at an exam centre or back at your old college/sixth form if they allow you :smile:
I'm resitting about 5 modules- unit 3 law, f293/f297 business, unit his1a history and maybe f292 business
Reply 14
For me I was very close to the next grade, so it's a case of just gaining a few more marks here and there :smile:

What grades did you get, and what do you want to get? Maybe ask to see your paper and go through it with your teacher. They can point out to you where you lost the marks. You have to pay to see your paper, but some people I know found it really helpful when they did it last year. I'm not exactly sure how or when you can get it. But maybe contact your school.

I will probably request a few scripts ,I have heard it is very useful,I got bbc :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by haseebi82
I'm self studying 5 of my a2 exams and my a2 chemistry isa

Original post by furryface12
I am! :biggrin: Will retake three, maybe four modules and will self-study them over the year. Which ones are you resitting out of interest?

Yay!! It's not just me . I thought I was the only one :smile:
We will make it guys:biggrin:
Well good luck then!I hope UCL accepts me.At the moment,my B in maths won't tempt them to accept me :frown:
I hope you guys get to your universities then!
Well,I have to do A-levels and might to some AS level modules again regardless of me getting B's in them.Life will be so hectic
Reply 18
Original post by Skill Twix
Well,I have to do A-levels and might to some AS level modules again regardless of me getting B's in them.Life will be so hectic

I know its soo frustrating when Bs average to a B and then you have to resit the Bs haha
I'm resitting 3Bs and an E lol :smile:

Probably around September, I don't wanna take advantage of the free time I'll have in the coming months! Then I can spend longer on each module and completing past papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest