The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I lie to my parents about seeing my boyfriend?

I have a boyfriend, which my parents are reluctant about despite the fact that I'm 17.

Most of the time when I go to see him I make up a lie to my parents about where I'm going because they get so angsty when I do go to see him - sending me texts the whole time asking when I'm coming home, and my dad even once asked me 'if I was sure I wanted to be dating so young'.

It's a pain :rolleyes:

Do you think it's bad that I lie about where I'm going?
Reply 1
I think it's bad your parents are 'reluctant'. Tell them when you're 18 as you're moving out :smile:
God is not happy
Reply 3
Parents are never wrong. look at this way. your role right now is to do well in school and get into a good uni. when you graduate you'll enter the workforce. why get involved unnecessarily in relationships when you're barely 18? heed my advice. don't listen to the rest here. their relationship history is so long JK Rowling's Harry Potter series pales in comparison. love yourself. love your parents.
Reply 4
Original post by Reue
I think it's bad your parents are 'reluctant'. Tell them when you're 18 as you're moving out :smile:

Agreed :h:

Original post by Maura Kat
Parents are never wrong. look at this way. your role right now is to do well in school and get into a good uni. when you graduate you'll enter the workforce. why get involved unnecessarily in relationships when you're barely 18? heed my advice. don't listen to the rest here. their relationship history is so long JK Rowling's Harry Potter series pales in comparison. love yourself. love your parents.

I disagree. I am perfectly capable of juggling my relationship, friendships, home life and work life. I have been seeing my boyfriend and lying to my parents the last 6 months and still came out with 4 A's in my AS exams.

The question at hand wasn't really whether you think a relationship is suitable for me or not, but whether or not you think it is bad that I lie to my parents.
Just from a guys perspective, if a girl was lying to family or friends about seeing me then I would be pretty upset and annoyed.

Original post by Maura Kat
Parents are never wrong.

Really? Do I even start to list cases where that has clearly not been the case?
(edited 9 years ago)
Parents are just trying to protect you. If you get your heart broken you'll wish you listened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending