The Student Room Group

2 A Levels enough for University?

Hey!
I got my results last week and got a B in Sociology, C in Religious Studies and D in Psychology (I also have a C in General Studies AS). I am wanting to continue with Sociology and RE and getting a certificate in a BTEC course and resitting one of my RE papers. I am not looking to get into a top university. I am hoping to study Politics. I have looked at several universities that accept a minimum of 2 complete A Levels. Some accept General Studies, some don't, but it can always be replaced with Psychology. I have estimated that I will have around 260-280 points.

Do you think this is a good idea? Will I be accepted?

Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beefearonx
Hey!
I got my results last week and got a B in Sociology, C in Religious Studies and D in Psychology (I also have a C in General Studies AS). I am wanting to continue with Sociology and RE and getting a certificate in a BTEC course and resitting one of my RE papers. I am not looking to get into a top university. I am hoping to study Politics. I have looked at several universities that accept a minimum of 2 complete A Levels. Some accept General Studies, some don't, but it can always be replaced with Psychology. I have estimated that I will have around 260-280 points.

Do you think this is a good idea? Will I be accepted?

Thank you!

You've done your research - as you can see, there are plenty of universities that will let you in with only 2 A-Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest