The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't had a list or anything yet. Maybe some course that are more book-driven (ie, English etc) get their reading lists earlier?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
maybe, i hope theres not a mad rush to get all the books in time.

what you studying?
Reply 3
Sociology. Because I don't know the answers to anything but I like to talk about it :biggrin:
Reply 4
Kingers, sort yourself out. Have you not got any post from durham, or looked on the website, or vaguely researched the degree before you applied?
Reply 5
john-boro
Kingers, sort yourself out. Have you not got any post from durham, or looked on the website, or vaguely researched the degree before you applied?

It makes a nice change from all the people on here thinking of applying in 2014 and demanding to know every Durham-related statistic since the seventies. :biggrin:
Reply 6
^^

i got some post, tellign me about accomodation, sports, socities, parkign etc, no book lists.

i checked the site, nothign about it on there for my particular subject

i studied psychology for 2 years, so im guessing ill neeed books on reserach techniqques and cognitive/individual differences. But how do i know what books im goign to need, im not wasting money if im not goign to use the books
Reply 7
The general advice at durham seems to be: wait till you get there and borrow from the library or buy them from second-years. Sorry I had a go kingers, it's just that the style of your writing kind of suggets someone who only realised a week ago that they were actually going to university. It's my predjudice though, because I have been worrying about it for ages.
Don't buy any books, just get them out of the library, or use a digital camera to "photocopy" the pages you need.
EDIT: P.S. Learn 2 uz gud inglish, ur on a forum, uzn a keyb wv all 26 ltrs, nt txtin ur m8s on a fn wt 9 keys.
Reply 9
john-boro
The general advice at durham seems to be: wait till you get there and borrow from the library or buy them from second-years. Sorry I had a go kingers, it's just that the style of your writing kind of suggets someone who only realised a week ago that they were actually going to university. It's my predjudice though, because I have been worrying about it for ages.

Have a go all you want - At least you are actually looking forward to it, i dont even want to go. you think you're nervous :rolleyes:

I kinda had just realised a week ago, i got my exams results, went to lowlands festival same day, came back had 2 days sleep, went to leeds fest, had another 2 days sleep, then i realised i was going to uni :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Mattmoy_2000
Don't buy any books, just get them out of the library, or use a digital camera to "photocopy" the pages you need.
EDIT: P.S. Learn 2 uz gud inglish, ur on a forum, uzn a keyb wv all 26 ltrs, nt txtin ur m8s on a fn wt 9 keys.

I am using good english, its just i have fat fingers and a sensitive keyboard.

if you understand what im typing, then there really is no need to correct me, you're just being a pedantic bastard
Having fat fingers does not stop you from typing "anyone" in place of "any1", or from pressing the shift key at the start of sentences.
And yes, I am a pedant, but no, my parents have been married since 1983.
Reply 12
im used to "text" type, and being the epitome of laziness i generally try to make things easier for myself. this not being any of your concern, but nevermind.

I regret that my response was far from thorough, but i really cant be bothered gettign into a "slanging" match so ill respect whatever you said, and agree.
Reply 13
Mattmoy_2000
And yes, I am a pedant, but no, my parents have been married since 1983.

REP :king1:
Well yeah, Ollie, but if you read the forum rules, you'd see that text speak is prohibited. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike you, you're just misinterpreting things I say.
Thanks for the rep Danfel, 11 points nearer to shininess! :biggrin::
Reply 15
"Mattmoy_2000 is a splendid one to behold."

Indeed! :biggrin:
I'm not quite sure what you're quoting there, but I like it.
Reply 17
Mattmoy_2000
I'm not quite sure what you're quoting there, but I like it.

Hover your mouse over your almost shinies :wink:
:redface:
wow, I never knew that before!
Reply 19
Mattmoy_2000
:redface:
wow, I never knew that before!

It's brilliant. One of my favourite features on here. Comes out with all sorts of little gems. :biggrin:

edit: no pun intended!

Latest