The Student Room Group

What degree? (please help)

Basically I'm going to uni in a month and was wondering which course would be best for me considering I got BBB at a level in maths chemistry and biology?
Its between accounting and finance and maths and finance?
Thankyou so much to anyone that can help!
Original post by mynr
Basically I'm going to uni in a month and was wondering which course would be best for me considering I got BBB at a level in maths chemistry and biology?
Its between accounting and finance and maths and finance?
Thankyou so much to anyone that can help!

Maths and finance would probably give you more options.
Hi

Congratulations on your A Level results!

Some universities will ask for specific A Level subjects therefore your choice of degree may depend on the entry requirements at each university.

Have you decided what career path you want to take?

If you wanted to go down the Accounting route you could take an undergraduate degree followed by a professional qualification like the ACCA. At Kaplan Holborn College we offer an Accounting and Finance degree course which can lead to professional qualifications such as the ACCA - you actually receive 9 exemptions from the ACCA so it takes just over 4 years to be fully qualified.

Alternatively, you might look down the Mathematics route if you feel that you are looking for something more broad?

If you would like to chat to someone in my team you can do so on 0207 403 8080 or email [email protected]. You can see our vacancies and further advice on Clearing on our webpages.

Good luck
Vicky :smile:
I'm sure someone with BBB won't be interested in an institution with an entry requirement of DDE.
Original post by Mr M
I'm sure someone with BBB won't be interested in an institution with an entry requirement of DDE.

Hi Mr M

Our degree programmes ask for various different entry requirements - for example our 2 year accelerated programme asks for ABB at A Level so there are a range of options for students in addition to the 3 year programmes which ask for lower entry requirements.

Vicky
Original post by Kaplan Holborn College

Vicky

Hi

I think the OP has offers he is interested in and just needs to make a final decision
Reply 6
Original post by Mr M

Oh my gosh, that is so disrepectful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit
Oh my gosh, that is so disrepectful.

:confused:

That's you told
Original post by TenOfThem
That's you told

If I could "disrep" you I would.
Original post by Mr M
If I could "disrep" you I would.

ha
Reply 11
This really isn't kicking off as I had hoped it would :/ For shame TSR
Original post by Mr M

:redface:
Original post by Mr M

I didn't think universities went lower than BBB/BBC, unless it's for a foundation year or foundation degree?
Original post by Binary Freak
I didn't think universities went lower than BBB/BBC, unless it's for a foundation year or foundation degree?

I think it is a college but it is possible to get into university with Ds and Es.
Original post by Mr M
I think it is a college but it is possible to get into university with Ds and Es.

Probably is a college then, especially given the low entry requirements, I only know people to have got such low offers because of the application itself (PS, and references).

Quick Reply

Latest