The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
No, Kingers, unlike you I don't go around anonymously giving people little red gems. Check your CP (I actually gave it to you before reading this thread, so don't go assuming that I'm doing it just to prove you wrong.)
I assumed you were female, since, well, Kinger was the name of that girl off Big Brother *spit spit*, so you know, a girl's name generally indicating a girl, et cetera...
Reply 22
i didn't purposely give it to you anonymously, i would have stated a name, yet i didn't know how. clearly there was no need, as it was pretty obvious who had given you it, having called me a dunce

Thanks for likening me to the most abrasive and repulsive contestant on the most mind numbing tv show ever. cheers for that

nd i think her name was Kin-GA, not watching it i would'nt have known :rolleyes:
You're the one that chose the screen name!
Learn to tell the difference between people genuinely insulting you, and those that are not. You muppet.
^0)
Reply 24
Ok...lets get this straight.

If you...EVER! ever ever ever have to work in bradford, and you call someone a dunce, then you're in trouble.

Especially if you just spent 3 years ind urham university on a physics course.

No matter how many times you attempt to expalin it was all in jest and good humour

that is all.
This is one of the reasons I intend never to go to Bradford.
Why does being a physicist give me less right to call others stupid? Surely it gives me more! :p:
Reply 26
My main reason for never going to Bradford is that I had an awful teacher in the junior school who came from there. She was vile.

And err yeh.
Reply 27
Gowns are for rubbish people who smell.
Gowns are for the most awesomemest people! Castle alllllll the way!!!:party: :cheers: :bumps: :thrasher: :punk: :juggle: :hugs: ;rambo; ;pez;

sorry quite like the emoticons so went slightly overboard:biggrin:
Reply 29
No, no! Excessive emoticon posting is the way forward.

:five:
Reply 30
Cuths was founded as an alternative to the colleges that Durham had (Castle and Hatfield at the time...), so I guess that's why we don't wear them. On the positive side, people can actually see what we're wearing!

TamasL, Kingers or anyone else....if you have any more questions about Cuths or anything, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to answer them. :smile:
Kingers
Ok...lets get this straight.

If you...EVER! ever ever ever have to work in bradford, and you call someone a dunce, then you're in trouble.

Especially if you just spent 3 years ind urham university on a physics course.

No matter how many times you attempt to expalin it was all in jest and good humour

that is all.

You really need to stop being so oversensitive. What matt said was perfectly justified. And secondly, why should it matter what you have been doing with the last three years (or 4)? trying to fight a class war now are we?

Get. A. Grip.
Reply 32
Im not being oversensitive, its very hard to convey feelings through the useof a keyboard, Im saying that callign someone a dunce is clearly offensive, and if its ok to say that to people in durham then mayeb he should say it in bradford/leeds and find out what happens.

There really is no need to be so condescending. i was told by a friend Durham is for all the uptight pretentious Oxbridge rejects. i really hope this isnt the case
Reply 33
It isn't. Don't worry :smile:. Plus you're at Cuths!....it's one of the least pretentious colleges there is!
Kingers
Im not being oversensitive, its very hard to convey feelings through the useof a keyboard, Im saying that callign someone a dunce is clearly offensive

You see, that is the point. The fact that you find being called a dunce that offensive is oversensitive. You're gonna get critised at some point in your life, learn to deal with it without flying off the handle.

and if its ok to say that to people in durham then mayeb he should say it in bradford/leeds and find out what happens.

I really don't see why it should matter where you say anything. Please explain

There really is no need to be so condescending.

OK perhaps true, but it really wasn't meant in a malicious way. See point 1

i was told by a friend Durham is for all the uptight pretentious Oxbridge rejects. i really hope this isnt the case

Anyone who says that has probably never been here. There are a million ways I could insult Bradford, but I won't, because I have never been there and because it is really not on to try to insult an entire populus by implication
Reply 35
foooooking hell, i love these little debates on here! people get riled up so easily! is 'riled' even a word? maybe i cant spell it properly....or it just looks strange written down!

Anyway, im excited about wearing a gown, not about the expense of buying it though.
Kingers
if its ok to say that to people in durham then mayeb he should say it in bradford/leeds and find out what happens.

A new perspective in the 'my dad's bigger than your dad' debate - 'my hometown's rougher than your hometown'.

N.B. in all seriousness, if that was an actual objective debate, I think I'd win
Reply 37
My house has had its windees blown through twice.

I win.
Reply 38
what would actually happen if you called someone a dunce in bradford? does it matter which of the beautiful city's residents you say it to, or will they all have the same reaction?

i'm just curious as to what kind of "trouble" you'd get yourself in...
Reply 39
I wanna wear a gown!!!!!! *has childish tantrum*

Latest