The Student Room Group

Did you do PYA4 in Jan or both units in June?

To those who have just finished their A levels....

I *think* we're doing an exam in Jan, which I'm guessing will be PYA4. I plan to revise two of the sections throughly as you have to answer 3 questions from at least two different sections. so if I basically learn everyting in the dog book on these two sections i'll be okay, right? Did anyone else do this?

Did any of you successfully complete both units in June? (I'd rather do a unit in Jan because I have no resits, but it's up to my college...)

Appreciate any replies... :smile:
in my sixth form we did PYA4 in january we answered questions 2,3, and 11 it is a much better idea to do it in january cos by itself PYA4 is sooo much to learn so its better to get it over and done with, plus u can retake if you dont do well!
Reply 2
I did PYA4 and it was such a relief to not have it hanging over me in June, so if you think you can learn the info in time, I'd definitely recommend it.
Reply 3
if you have the chance do PYA4 in Jan and PYA5 in June. i didnt realise there was so much to learn for PYA4 until about 3 weeks before my exam. i was so glad i did it in Jan. couldn't have coped in June with both of them!

sorry i cannot remember which questions i did exactly. but one was on Evolutionary Psy. one on relationships-i think that was question 2 and one on aggression. for some reason no.s 2,3,15 are stuck in my head, but that may be for another exam!?
Reply 4
i took both in June and got full marks for PYA4 but yes, taking it in jan wouldve been sooo much better! less stress
Reply 5
I did both PYA4 and PYA5 in June and it was a nightmare! Although I did end up getting a freaky 90/90 for PYA4 so it can be done! If I had had the opportunity to do it in Jan I would have much preferred doing it then though because as someone else has already said, it is loads to learn by itself and I imagine would be a lot of stress taken off if you had already got it out the way!
Reply 6
I would argue that PYA4 is a lot more demanding than PYA5 in that there is a lot more to learn, so from that perspective taking it in January is a BIG relief. It means you are left with just PYA5 in summer which you can ace as the grade boundaries are always quite low. So, yes if you have the chance take it in Jan and the dog book is great for it - everything you need to get an A is in that book! Good luck!
Reply 7
Great thanks for the replies!

I've already bought the dog book, the cat book helped me so much last year!
Reply 8
Done both in June! How bloody stressful had no jan exams! all in june. But ended up with A's in all of them:biggrin: yipeee
Reply 9
I think at my college we're going to do both exams in June. What a nightmare.
Also, what is this dog book everyone is talking about? Where can I get it?
Reply 10
BeesKnees
I think at my college we're going to do both exams in June. What a nightmare.
Also, what is this dog book everyone is talking about? Where can I get it?

its by Mike EVIL Cardwell and Cara Flanagan. basically there is a dog on the front sat on a brain. thats the A2 one. ) and there is an AS one with a cat on!)

i got mine through school, well actually i've kept it eventhough i've left. you can pick them up in most bookstores. i've seen them in waterstores- you get 10% off if your a student and can so proof!
Podge
its by Mike EVIL Cardwell and Cara Flanagan. basically there is a dog on the front sat on a brain. thats the A2 one. ) and there is an AS one with a cat on!)

i got mine through school, well actually i've kept it eventhough i've left. you can pick them up in most bookstores. i've seen them in waterstores- you get 10% off if your a student and can so proof!

I'll wait to start A2 on Thursday and see if we get the dog ones (lol this thread has made me start calling them the dog book and cat book now too) so I probably won't have to buy it. Thanks for the info though.
Reply 12
Did PYA4 in january, and thank god I did. Wouldn't have got an A in psychology if I hadn't. Am sure.
Reply 13
Did PYA4 in January which was definately for the best considering it was a pretty big module to cover

Latest

Trending

Trending