The Student Room Group

Not able to finalise SFE application until next week!

Due to lots of last minute changes of plans, and an offer of a place through clearing, I only knew for certain last Friday that I would be off to Uni this year.

Have filled in my SFE application as a mature student, however typically my Passport has done a disappearing act :frown: I have an appointment at local Passport office on Thursday, but because it's a lost Passport it will be up to a week before I receive the replacement.

This obviously means I wont be able to provide my Passport number to SFE until then - and they wont begin to process my application until they have the number! They did say they would accept certified birth certificate etc. however I have also had to order a copy of my birth certificate, and probably wont receive this until the end of the week at the earliest.

Just wondering how this will delay me receiving finance? And also will it cause an issue with the Uni, as presumably their payment for fees will be delayed too?

I can get by using my credit cards until finance comes through if necessary, so it's not end of the world, but just wondering how long I should expect to wait before receiving anything? (as I can survive using cards, but still have to pay them off, lol!)

Cheers,
Reply 1
WVL
OP
Finally received my replacement Passport today, and have input the details online.

Any idea how long it will now take for it all to be processed?

Cheers,
You're usually advised that it could be up to 6 weeks but can be done sooner. It took mine around 2 weeks so have hope :smile:
Reply 3
WVL
OP
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by WVL
Thank you! :smile:

Similarish position, went through clearing so uni changed and hence a new application meaning I'm waiting on my letter to come through too though I start late September.
Reply 5
WVL
OP
I start on September 8th. :s

Have already printed and returned my declaration, and as a mature student there is no supplementary evidence for them to wait for from parents etc. so I'm hoping it will be straightforward enough for them to get it approved etc.

Good luck with yours too! See who gets it through first, lol.
Reply 6
WVL
OP
Logged in to SLC this morning not expecting any change, and it's showing my payments now so looks like a bit of unexpected (although greatly appreciated!) efficiency on their part. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending