The Student Room Group

Please help me with this chemistry question- it's for sixth form induction homework!!

In a titration, 25.00 cm3 of NaOH was neutralised by 22.00 cm3 of H2SO4. What is the concentration (mol dm-3) of the NaOH? (show all of your working out)
Original post by studentusername_
In a titration, 25.00 cm3 of NaOH was neutralised by 22.00 cm3 of H2SO4. What is the concentration (mol dm-3) of the NaOH? (show all of your working out)

Start by writing a chemical equation, so you can work out the reacting ratios.
I don't think you'll be able to do this question without the concentration of the H2SO4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
you're missing some information
but I'd write the equation down never the less
Oh ok, the teacher must have forgotten to out the concentration. Say it was 0.10 moles, how would you do it then? (Just so I can see how it's done) :smile:
Oh ok, the teacher must have forgotten to out the concentration. Say it was 0.10 moles, how would you do it then? (Just so I can see how it's done) :smile:

Well write down the equation for a starter...
Assuming you have the concentration, use the formula: n=cxv to find the moles of H2SO4, find the molar ratio by writing out the chemical formula... then rearrange the equation to c=n/v to find the concentration :smile:

Edit: I feel like I shouldn't have given you a straight-up answer :tongue: try http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ next time you're stuck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by littlejellybird
Assuming you have the concentration, use the formula: n=cxv to find the moles of H2SO4, find the molar ratio by writing out the chemical formula... then rearrange the equation to c=n/v to find the concentration :smile:

Edit: I feel like I shouldn't have given you a straight-up answer :tongue: try http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ next time you're stuck.

for someone who's just starting I think you might have confused them
Thank you, but yes I am a bit confused haha as I haven't done this before :tongue:
Reply 9
Thank you, but yes I am a bit confused haha as I haven't done this before :tongue:

have you written out the equation?

Quick Reply

Latest