The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yup, I planned to do further maths when I was going to do medicine, then promptly dropped it when I decided a legal career was more my thing.
I meant to add that if you get a 1st from Lancaster then YES, you will be a plausible candidate for an LLM/BCL at a higher-ranked law school.
sul
this yr i applied to do economics at lse, ucl, oxford, manchester, city uni and edinburgh. got rejected by lse and oxford, got offers from the rest, but missed my ucl offer by a few marks. i rejected city, edin and manchester. so i got into clearing and law was always my 2nd choice since no good places for economics. lancaster was only 'good' place left for law...but im reconsidering my options.

wouldnt you regard hull, keele, UEA and Reading as a 'good' places for law??
they are just as good, if not better, than lancaster...
Reply 23
they are 'good' but they didnt appeal to me at the time becoz lancasters closer to home
Reply 24
who thinks City University is better than Lancaster for Law...jus a general quesion....which wud u choose?
why city?
Reply 26
job opportunities etc ... ive heard they have good links with the Bar and stuff. plus i got offers from both of em for law with property valuation, at city, or law at lancaster. rankings wise, using guardian, city is better as it has better job opps coz its london.
with property valuation...
Reply 28
its still a qualifying law degree...anyone think i shud choose city over lancaster or vice versa?
straight law at lancaster al the way.

Latest

Trending

Trending