The Student Room Group

Biomedical Engineering 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by johnmshamilton
Hey guys, I live in Scotland and I've applied for chemical engineering and biomedical engineering. For ChemEng I've applied to Strathclyde, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and for BioMedEng I've applied to Glasgow and Strathclyde. I got AAABB in my highers and am sitting three advanced highers this year. So far I've only heard back from Glasgow and they've given me an unconditional offer. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has hear back! :smile:

Hi I'm also from Scotland and I've applied to biomedical engineering at Strathclyde and Glasgow too. I'm also applying for some civil engineering courses at Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow. I got AAAAA in my highers and received unconditionals from them both for biomedical engineering; Strathclyde took a little longer to reply than Glasgow. I'm still not sure which one I'm going to accept though. Which one do you think you prefer? :smile:
Is it stupid to only apply to Imperial this year if I'm taking a gap year next year, and if I get rejected this year will just reapply to imperial and others during my gap year?
Original post by Mochas&cream
I have an interview at imperial for biomedical engineering :smile:

How was your interview? What did they ask? Was the maths challenging?
Original post by peterith
A*AA offer from Imperial!

how was your interview? what did they ask? more personal statement or maths questions?
Reply 144
Original post by mertmertmertos
how was your interview? what did they ask? more personal statement or maths questions?

To be honest, it was more like a casual conversation on physics and engineering. He asked me about an electric circuit and how it could be used in human body. He wanted to see if I could think like a bioengineer. I actually learnt more things that got me even more keen on bioengineering. In the end, he told me my offer and took my family around the department. Also he said he wanted someone with a social life lol. He probably wont ask you maths questions because your end of year results will indicate how smart you are anyway :smile:
Original post by mertmertmertos
How was your interview? What did they ask? Was the maths challenging?

Mine was literally a chat, and a pretty damn hilarious one tbh! Me and the interviewers were smiling, laughing and cracking jokes throughout haha :smile: the questions they asked me were stemmed from my personal statement. But they didn't ask the obvious thing like 'tell me about this'. Instead they asked how what you mentioned could be useful in bioengineering or if you could think of an application for it. They asked me if I've learnt this thing in physics and when I said no, they basically taught it to me. I realised half way through that I have actually learnt it so I started to chip in information :L but the people in the department are lovely and relaxed and i enjoyed my interview :smile: good luck for yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Mine was literally a chat, and a pretty damn hilarious one tbh! Me and the interviewers were smiling, laughing and cracking jokes throughout haha :smile: the questions they asked me were stemmed from my personal statement. But they didn't ask the obvious thing like 'tell me about this'. Instead they asked how what you mentioned could be useful in bioengineering or if you could think of an application for it. They asked me if I've learnt this thing in physics and when I said no, they basically taught it to me. I realised half way through that I have actually learnt it so I started to chip in information :L but the people in the department are lovely and relaxed and i enjoyed my interview :smile: good luck for yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have a chat with Anna (or Ania) as well? She's very lovely!
Did you have a chat with Anna (or Ania) as well? She's very lovely!

No I didn't, I chatted with Liam though :smile: but my two interviewers weren't them. I just loved the vibe the whole department had, they seemed very friendly and enthusiastic :smile:
Btw were you on the Oxford thread for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
No I didn't, I chatted with Liam though :smile: but my two interviewers weren't them. I just loved the vibe the whole department had, they seemed very friendly and enthusiastic :smile:
Btw were you on the Oxford thread for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interviewer was Liam himself. XD
Yup, today is the day that will decide where I study for the next 4 years.
My letter should be here soon... Though I think choosing between the two is a very difficult decision because the courses and places are so different and both have a brilliant reputation. I don't think I'll mind the outcome either way.... Good luck though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
I don't have to choose now... because my only choice is Imperial :wink:
Rejection email came, but Im not upset at all.
good luck to you!
I don't have to choose now... because my only choice is Imperial :wink:
Rejection email came, but Im not upset at all.
good luck to you!

Same here haha :smile: I'm quite relieved tbh, I absolutely love the course at imperial and imperial itself so it's all good :smile: I guess I'll be seeing you in October then! What are your requirements btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Same here haha :smile: I'm quite relieved tbh, I absolutely love the course at imperial and imperial itself so it's all good :smile: I guess I'll be seeing you in October then! What are your requirements btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA for Physics, Chem, Further Maths any order
My results are out in 2 weeks!
What about yours?
A*AA for Physics, Chem, Further Maths any order
My results are out in 2 weeks!
What about yours?

What, you've already done your final exams? Good luck! I've got to get A*A*AA... Got to work my arse off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is going to the applicant day on the 2nd of Feb at Cardiff University? Or also the 18th Feb at Leeds? So nervous!!!
Reply 155
My grades are A*A*A. I've secured my place at Imperial :smile:
My grades are A*A*A. I've secured my place at Imperial :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: I firmed my place at imperial last night so I've just got to work for the grades now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from UCL yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jadesmith1997
Has anyone heard from UCL yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope :frown: still on application received on portico. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, they really are taking their time!! Just want to make my decisions on ucas!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest