The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what time I was there today :biggrin:
yea at 11am, ur all students or nearly you need to toughen up to proper drinking. nuff said.
Reply 42
Lewis-HuStuJCR
yea at 11am, ur all students or nearly you need to toughen up to proper drinking. nuff said.

i dont drink on school nights lol!! actually cept wednesdays coz its Big wednesday it just has to be done but apart from that..well some thursdays too you know what i think i drink too much, no more drinking till i turn 18 now (ha!) i can but try!
when ur a uni student no such thing as a "school night" exists ... every nights a party night (in first year...)
Reply 44
Lewis-HuStuJCR
when ur a uni student no such thing as a "school night" exists ... every nights a party night (in first year...)

haha i can't wait!
Reply 45
Kirstin, how many hours self-teaching do you do per day and where are you gonna take ur exams?
Reply 46
mtbab
haha lol everyone else bought stuff and today people bought stuff for me! so its not that bad.

kirstin i'm still confused what your doin now are you self teaching everything, or just some stuff. nd goin to college for the rest or.... lol

Self teaching everything
Reply 47
RR
Kirstin, how many hours self-teaching do you do per day and where are you gonna take ur exams?

I do 7 hours of teaching and theres breaks between each lesson (i.e now:smile: ), I will be going to see my ex-college about the exams etc I may be able to sit them there if not I have found a private school about an hour away that will let me do them.
why did you leave college in the first place if you dont mind me asking...
Reply 49
First college cancelled their courses, the second one which I was at for about a week threw me out because the head didn't like the fact I didn't live with my parents among other things.
Reply 50
Hmmmm I personally have a vendetta against Aber cos my old head of 6th form was obsessed with it and I got sick of hearing about it.

Sheffield definitely..I'm starting there in 9 days
Reply 51
kirstinx
First college cancelled their courses, the second one which I was at for about a week threw me out because the head didn't like the fact I didn't live with my parents among other things.

I can't believe they just threw you out. Surely you have to do something pretty bad to get thrown out at A-level stage?!
Reply 52
Well they did just throw me out.
Reply 53
RR
I can't believe they just threw you out. Surely you have to do something pretty bad to get thrown out at A-level stage?!

at our school they threaten us with kicking us out at any time considering we dont have to be there are are there voluntarily, yet if we are late to school or miss a day we still need a note becuase it counts as truanting!! makes no sense to me lol

kirstinx
I do 7 hours of teaching and theres breaks between each lesson

i dont suppose ure giving ure self free periods then lol, you can have my time table on mondays,wednesdays and fridays i have 3frees out of 6 (eahc lesson 50mins)

kevvy
Hmmmm I personally have a vendetta against Aber cos my old head of 6th form was obsessed with it and I got sick of hearing about it.

Sheffield definitely..I'm starting there in 9 days

yeh i decided on Sheffield now but this thread still goes on lol we're more concerned about kirstins A2's now!
Reply 54
mtbab

i dont suppose ure giving ure self free periods then lol, you can have my time table on mondays,wednesdays and fridays i have 3frees out of 6 (eahc lesson 50mins)

yeh i decided on Sheffield now but this thread still goes on lol we're more concerned about kirstins A2's now!

:eek: Free periods? Until January I have no idea what they are:frown: I am doing AS's too.
Reply 55
kirstinx
:eek: Free periods? Until January I have no idea what they are:frown: I am doing AS's too.

oh yeh i forgot about that oooh! i really dont know how better to sympathise than go ooh! lol
Aber is pretty self-contained and quite a boring but sweet place. Live for the students and the university because its miles from everywhere else and the road to get there is an ass. It has an ok reputation, did not stop my Grandad from becoming a lecturer and Dad a solicitor. Its not too bad. Hope you like the sea and stoney beaches.
Reply 57
mtbab
no doubt chriswhit will say Sheffield

Couldn't possibly comment, and will not do so!:smile: All I will say is good luck in choosing, and select the place that is right for you according to what you want from the place you might end up, be that Sheffield, Liverpool or Aber.
Sheffield and Liverpool are going to have far superior city life but not that warm sense of locality in the same way. With Aber not having much other than a uni, I hear the facilities are fabulous. Also the National Library of Wales

Latest

Trending

Trending