The Student Room Group

Pakistan protesters to secure the red zone in Islamabad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28832480

[video="youtube;fvkDg4m7IhM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkDg4m7IhM[/video]

Rallies have been staged, and have asked the prime minister Nawaaz shareef to step down, today may be the day the army open fires on the protesters

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Great, the army can take over.

Great. Remind me again why Pakistan isn't a failed state.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ggmu!
Great, the army can take over.

Great. Remind me again why Pakistan isn't a failed state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistan is not a failed state, it is just the corruption that is ruining Pakistan
Reply 4
Original post by aka r
Pakistan is not a failed state, it is just the corruption that is ruining Pakistan

That's why every now and then the army have to take over and stage a coup. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aka r

Mass systemic corruption > not a failed state. Major luls.
Reply 6
Original post by Ggmu!
That's why every now and then the army have to take over and stage a coup. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Mass systemic corruption > not a failed state. Major luls.

Despite suffering through a civil war and callous fiscal mismanagement, the number of Pakistanis living in poverty fell by almost half between 1999 and 2008, to about 17% of the population. This economic growth was largely driven by exports and remittances from Pakistanis working abroad and contributed to several years in the intervening period where the economy grew at a rate near 8%, on par at the time with the fastest growing economies in the world. Little of this information typically reaches the Western media where Pakistan has been portrayed as a quintessentially hopeless country oscillating between extremism and simple destitution, yet it is still reality. While this economic growth has been inefficiently managed and unequally distributed across society, it is still indicative of the continued functioning of Pakistani society and would be utterly impossible in a state which has failed. Pakistan is home to major textile and manufacturing industries which contribute to nearly a third of GDP, but also has a fast growing technology sector as well. Pakistan IT industry is estimated at $2.8 billion by AT Kearney, and between the years 2007 to 2009 improved from 30th place to 20th most favorable place in the world for IT off-shoring. The telecommunications industry has grown fourteen-fold since 2000; Pakistan has 91 million people plugged into its mobile networks and has one of the highest mobile teledensities in the world. The World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index ranked Pakistan 85th in the world in 2009, ahead of even China (88th) and India (133 th) in having liberal policies and an investment climate favorable to FDI. The Pakistani banking system also weathered the 2008-2009 financial crisis exceptionally well, and has turned profits of an average of $1.1bn per year in the intervening years. The country is ranked 33rd in the world in terms of access and availability to capital; a not-insignificant standing. Citing these figures is not an apologia for the failure of the Pakistani government to harness the economic potential of the country and alleviate the crushing poverty experienced by a huge number of Pakistanis, but to merely point out the existence economic phenomena which would be impossible in an anarchic failed state. Indicative of at least some governmental will to address this, the PPP government to its great credit in 2009 implemented economic policies to redistribute a greater share of income to the Pakistan poorer provinces; again a sign of a state which still manages when pressed to function in its own interest, despite its shortcomings.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by aka r
Despite suffering through a civil war and callous fiscal mismanagement, the number of Pakistanis living in poverty fell by almost half between 1999 and 2008, to about 17% of the population. This economic growth was largely driven by exports and remittances from Pakistanis working abroad and contributed to several years in the intervening period where the economy grew at a rate near 8%, on par at the time with the fastest growing economies in the world. Little of this information typically reaches the Western media where Pakistan has been portrayed as a quintessentially hopeless country oscillating between extremism and simple destitution, yet it is still reality. While this economic growth has been inefficiently managed and unequally distributed across society, it is still indicative of the continued functioning of Pakistani society and would be utterly impossible in a state which has failed. Pakistan is home to major textile and manufacturing industries which contribute to nearly a third of GDP, but also has a fast growing technology sector as well. Pakistan IT industry is estimated at $2.8 billion by AT Kearney, and between the years 2007 to 2009 improved from 30th place to 20th most favorable place in the world for IT off-shoring. The telecommunications industry has grown fourteen-fold since 2000; Pakistan has 91 million people plugged into its mobile networks and has one of the highest mobile teledensities in the world. The World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index ranked Pakistan 85th in the world in 2009, ahead of even China (88th) and India (133 th) in having liberal policies and an investment climate favorable to FDI. The Pakistani banking system also weathered the 2008-2009 financial crisis exceptionally well, and has turned profits of an average of $1.1bn per year in the intervening years. The country is ranked 33rd in the world in terms of access and availability to capital; a not-insignificant standing. Citing these figures is not an apologia for the failure of the Pakistani government to harness the economic potential of the country and alleviate the crushing poverty experienced by a huge number of Pakistanis, but to merely point out the existence economic phenomena which would be impossible in an anarchic failed state. Indicative of at least some governmental will to address this, the PPP government to its great credit in 2009 implemented economic policies to redistribute a greater share of income to the Pakistan poorer provinces; again a sign of a state which still manages when pressed to function in its own interest, despite its shortcomings.

Nice copy and paste. I doubt you even understand any of that.

None of this changes the fact that there are terrorist bases (given tacit support I imagine) in Pakistan, terrorist infiltrators in the Army and ISI and regular coups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ggmu!
Nice copy and paste. I doubt you even understand any of that.

None of this changes the fact that there are terrorist bases (given tacit support I imagine) in Pakistan, terrorist infiltrators in the Army and ISI and regular coups.

Posted from TSR Mobile

even if it is copy and paste read it and you will understand why Pakistan is not a failed state, yes there are terrorists everywhere in the world, Pakistan is trying to stop them, just a few hours ago Pakistan army killed 48 suspected militants on the border with Afghanistan and has launched a major ground offensives on militant strongholds.

http://www.voanews.com/content/pakistan-army-strikes-and-roadside-bomb-kill-24/2418148.html
Reply 9
Original post by aka r
even if it is copy and paste read it and you will understand why Pakistan is not a failed state, yes there are terrorists everywhere in the world, Pakistan is trying to stop them, just a few hours ago Pakistan army killed 48 suspected militants on the border with Afghanistan and has launched a major ground offensives on militant strongholds.

http://www.voanews.com/content/pakistan-army-strikes-and-roadside-bomb-kill-24/2418148.html

I did read it. It's a whole bunch of words that means nothing. Most of this 'wealth' is only for Punjabis anyway. I doubt Balochis or Sindhis feel so great considering every part of Pakistan bar Punjab has secessionist movements.

Can't take it seriously when they shelter Bin Laden and other terrorists like Hafiz Saeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great, I'm house arrested for another few days
What's new. Pakistan had Bin Laden just miles away from an army base for years and can't keep a stable government.

It has potential but its probably going to be one of the last countries with a population over 100 million to become wealthy.

I hear there's a coastal province that wants independence as well but is being occupied.
Reply 12
Original post by Ggmu!
I did read it. It's a whole bunch of words that means nothing. Most of this 'wealth' is only for Punjabis anyway. I doubt Balochis or Sindhis feel so great considering every part of Pakistan bar Punjab has secessionist movements.

Can't take it seriously when they shelter Bin Laden and other terrorists like Hafiz Saeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i just watched tahir ul qadri speech at the rally now and he was talking about giving wealth to the balochis and sindhis through means of natural resources, its the corrupt government that has caused this mess and that is why rallies are taking place to remove them, secondly you know nothing of osama bin laden lol i am from the city he was killed and my house there is 15 mins drive from the place, everyone there says it was a lie. Hafiz Saeed is only being sheltered by pakistan so that he is helping in the identification of former militants
Reply 13
Original post by aka r
yes i just watched tahir ul qadri speech at the rally now and he was talking about giving wealth to the balochis and sindhis through means of natural resources, its the corrupt government that has caused this mess and that is why rallies are taking place to remove them, secondly you know nothing of osama bin laden lol i am from the city he was killed and my house there is 15 mins drive from the place, everyone there says it was a lie. Hafiz Saeed is only being sheltered by pakistan so that he is helping in the identification of former militants

As usual, another Pakistani deluded about his country.

Nothing to see here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ggmu!
As usual, another Pakistani deluded about his country.

Nothing to see here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as usual another hindu hating on pakistan, nothing to see here.

Let me ask you what is India doing about the hindu terrorist camps? why does BJP promote hindu terrorism

why did india call of talks with pakistan?
Reply 15
Original post by aka r
as usual another hindu hating on pakistan, nothing to see here.

Let me ask you what is India doing about the hindu terrorist camps? why does BJP promote hindu terrorism

why did india call of talks with pakistan?

No such things as Hindu terrorist camps. Nobody gets blown up or there are no Hindus running around with AK-47's (unlike Indian mujahideen, who are slowly getting killed off).

BJP doesn't promote terrorism, they're famously against it.

Because Pakistan thought talking to Kashmiri separatists matters more than talking to Indian government officials.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Ggmu!
No such things as Hindu terrorist camps. Nobody gets blown up or there are no Hindus running around with AK-47's (unlike Indian mujahideen, who are slowly getting killed off).

BJP doesn't promote terrorism, they're famously against it.

Because Pakistan thought talking to Kashmiri separatists matters more than talking to Indian government officials.

Posted from TSR Mobile

another indian deluded about his country lol, you do know indian mujahideen was a manufactured creation of intelligence agencies and RSS, and the poor muslims of india are suffering, yes hindu terrorist just blow up mosques and kill innocent muslims
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by aka r
another indian deluded about his country lol, you do know indian mujahideen was a manufactured creation of intelligence agencies and RSS, and the poor muslims of india are suffering, yes hindu terrorist just blow up mosques and kill innocent muslims

LOL JUST LOL.

Just like the CIA and Mossad created ISIS, eh?

RSS are well known in India for their massive social work, the RSS even have a Muslim wing.

Blow up mosques? If you mean babri, then yes, it needs to be torn down, as does the mosque in mathura. They need to be brought down and relocated to a near site as to not offend and hurt the sensibilities of the majority.

Muslims live better in India than Pakistan. None of them would choose to live in Pakistan lol. Indian Muslims are proud to be Indian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Ggmu!
LOL JUST LOL.

Just like the CIA and Mossad created ISIS, eh?

RSS are well known in India for their massive social work, the RSS even have a Muslim wing.

Blow up mosques? If you mean babri, then yes, it needs to be torn down, as does the mosque in mathura. They need to be brought down and relocated to a near site as to not offend and hurt the sensibilities of the majority.

Muslims live better in India than Pakistan. None of them would choose to live in Pakistan lol. Indian Muslims are proud to be Indian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw edward snowden confirms operation "the hornets nest" and al baghdadi was trained by mossad but i will start another thread on that soon.

HAHAHAHAHA now whos the deluded one, we all know the situation of Indian Muslims, don't even get me started, indian muslims having the lowest living standard on a per capita basis, they are the poorest and worst educated of all religious groups in india.
Reply 19
Original post by Huskaris
Bomb the country until its mountains invert.

you can say all you like, Pakistan army is one of the strongest armies in the world, Pakistan holds 100-120 nuclear warheads

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending