The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

How long to wait until I book private accommodation?

I know we're supposed to hear from UoS by September but a lot of the private halls are filling up fairly quickly, so I'm thinking of booking from now.

They're also a lot cheaper than the uni accommodation, but from what one previous student has said I'm worried about the experience not being as good.

Any thoughts?
Reply 1
I would wait and see. If you wait until you definitely haven't got a room in halls, then the university will help you find accommodation with other first years. If you book now you're a lot more likely to end up with older students. Whatever happens, you won't be completely without accommodation, so there's no need to worry now.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Disaidra
I would wait and see. If you wait until you definitely haven't got a room in halls, then the university will help you find accommodation with other first years. If you book now you're a lot more likely to end up with older students. Whatever happens, you won't be completely without accommodation, so there's no need to worry now.

But I'm worried I won't be able to afford whatever I get. If they sort out accomodation that's above my budget I'll be stuck with that, or maybe getting a last minute room in a house-share which I think might be worse than private halls as everyone will already know each other.

Quick Reply

Latest