The Student Room Group

just wonering

what nhs funded courses could you do if your not too good with large amounts of blood?
Original post by jonathanemptage
what nhs funded courses could you do if your not too good with large amounts of blood?

Why nhs funded?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I found out some courses are NHS funded and I just wondered if there were any where you could avoid blood?

Radiotherapy doesn't involve large amounts of blood and there are things like speech and language. However I must say that an NHS degree is no easy ride and if your on my reason for wanting to do it is because it is a "free course" don't!!!!!!
I'm not saying this to put you off but I have just finished my first year of radiotherapy and it is a really difficult course both academic and placement and if it is not something that interests you, you will struggle. You also need to be aware that you don't get as much holiday as some courses do.

However if it is really something you want to do, go for it !!!! It is the best thing you will do x

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh I'm not planning on doing one but my brother is
oh I'm not planning on doing one but my brother is

Ok, well the best thing for him to do is to go to an open day and then if he finds something he likes, try and get some work experience in his chosen area. At least a days work experience is mandatory for most nhs courses.
Good luck to him whatever he decides x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending