The Student Room Group

Parents doing my head in because I dont like cars..

Basically I just do not enjoy driving a car I find it so boring, I've failed my test twice which in all honesty is due to lack on interest... my driving lessons have felt like I'm paying for punishment.. I dont know why I hate driving so much.. I had a moped once and it was so enjoyable.. I'm thinking of just riding motorbikes.. maybe drive in a few years if I can be bothered.. my parents are against motorbikes and keep going on and on.. I'm bloody 24 with my own child and they still lecture me even though I do not live with them.. they say if I ride a motorbike eventually il be knocked off its a matter of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Just think about whether you would be happy just using public transport for the rest of your life.
Reply 2
Original post by Waka Flocka
they say if I ride a motorbike eventually il be knocked off its a matter of time.

Exactly the same thing can be said about driving a car. :wink: Yes motorbike accidents can be deadly, but so can car accidents, lorry accidents, bicycle accidents and so on. Wear protective gear, get a decent helmet and don't drive like a loon and your chances of death or serious injury will be very small indeed. Accidents do happen of course but you'll survive. If you're only riding a moped around town the chances of being involved in anything serious are practically zero TBH.
Original post by Waka Flocka
Basically I just do not enjoy driving a car I find it so boring, I've failed my test twice which in all honesty is due to lack on interest... my driving lessons have felt like I'm paying for punishment.. I dont know why I hate driving so much.. I had a moped once and it was so enjoyable.. I'm thinking of just riding motorbikes.. maybe drive in a few years if I can be bothered.. my parents are against motorbikes and keep going on and on.. I'm bloody 24 with my own child and they still lecture me even though I do not live with them.. they say if I ride a motorbike eventually il be knocked off its a matter of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get a bike. I've had a few minor scrapes but nothing that serious.

I was on a bike on the road at 16 but with a dad riding for 30 years they couldn't stop me.

He is just very strict on safety equipment all the time, ATGATT All The Gear All The Time. He knows way too many that have died on bikes to take it casually.

Quick Reply

Latest