The Student Room Group

Removal of Kosher products and protests at Jewish businesses

Recently a supermarket removed Kosher products from it's shelves.

Sainsbury's removes kosher food from shelves amid fears over protesters

Spoiler

Then of course there are the protests at shops like "Kedem" up in Manchester.

Spoiler

Removing kosher food from shelves is giving in to hatred

So let's just call this what it is. Anti-Semitism. Because that's what it is. Certain people using this excuse to have a go at Jewish businesses and the Jewish community in general.

Scroll to see replies

Why don' t they remove halal then? Muslims have done more protest-worthy things than Jews.
Reply 2
Original post by Balizarde
Recently a supermarket removed Kosher products from it's shelves.

Sainsbury's removes kosher food from shelves amid fears over protesters

Spoiler

Then of course there are the protests at shops like "Kedem" up in Manchester.

Spoiler

Removing kosher food from shelves is giving in to hatred

So let's just call this what it is. Anti-Semitism. Because that's what it is. Certain people using this excuse to have a go at Jewish businesses and the Jewish community in general.

This is so stupid! As a pro-Palestinian, I absolutely hate it when people claim they support the Palestinian cause by being anti-Semitic. Boycotting Israeli goods I totally agree with, but the Jewish community should not suffer this anti-Semitism, especially as there are plenty of Jewish people for the Palestinian cause (including two of my closest friends).

Stop the anti-Semitism people, its disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Skip_Snip
Why don' t they remove halal then? Muslims have done more protest-worthy things than Jews.

Ridiculous double standards, that's why.
don't understand how banning kosher food is going to affect Israelis tbh. stupid thing to do.

boycotting on the other hand is perfectly reasonable and justified.
Yes, there are people who unfortunately equate Judaism with Zionism when the 2 couldn't be any more further apart (despite what some Zionists may try and fool you to believe), just like there are Zionists who somehow equate "Hamas terrorist" with 4 year old child. People need to be educated on both sides.
Pathetic
I wonder if those people are also holding protests outside Halal butcher shops protesting ISIS?
Original post by broscience123
Yes, there are people who unfortunately equate Judaism with Zionism when the 2 couldn't be any more further apart (despite what some Zionists may try and fool you to believe), just like there are Zionists who somehow equate "Hamas terrorist" with 4 year old child. People need to be educated on both sides.

Just like there are some people who equate Zionist with 'Jewish extremist' rather than it's true definition of 'people who believe the Jews have a right to a homeland'. Saying you're not a Zionist is equivalent to saying you believe that Jews should be removed from Israel - it's just as bad as saying that Palestinians should be removed from Palestine.
The UK certainly is in a pathetic state when it yields to radicals and criminals in favour of arresting them. Time to consider reanimating Thatcher methinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
While we're at it what about vandalising a synagogue by spray painting "Free Gaza" on its walls?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11398567.Synagogue_is_sprayed_with_pro_Gaza_graffiti/

And then listen to what the local Palestine Solidarity Campaign had to say:

"We would like the members of the Brighton Jewish community who do not agree with Israel’s policies to stand up as 150 in Brooklyn did the other day, and many others have done - to show that there is not a divide between Jews and non-Jews.”

No condemnation of antisemitism just the thinly veiled statement that Jews must publicly denounce Israel or basically it's their own fault.

It shouldn't need saying but one can support Israel and feel close to Israel without agreeing with every policy of the Israeli government. I am proud to be British but that doesn't mean I support the bedroom tax. And just as no one would demand that I denounce Britain for its actions in Iraq so too no one should demand that Jews denounce Israel. In my opinion anyone saying that Jews must publicly oppose Israel's actions or suffer the consequences is a racist.
Reply 11
This is not anti Jew at all! Have you saw what Israel are doing to gaza? Open your eyes babies are being murdered in cold blood by the Zionist Jews in Israel ! These protests are good ! It makes people know what is happening and why Britain is doing nothing ! Even though Britain helped make Israel in 1947 ! Don't complain that one kosher foods have been removed from ONE SHOP! Thousand of Palestinians are dying thanks to Jews !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skip_Snip

You're acting like Muslims have never been attacked/had their property vandalised etc.etc. simply due to them being Muslim. HINT: It's more common than you think.

Of course though, it's only bad when Jewish people get attacked right?
Original post by Aki1aki
This is not anti Jew at all! Have you saw what Israel are doing to gaza? Open your eyes babies are being murdered in cold blood by the Zionist Jews in Israel ! These protests are good ! It makes people know what is happening and why Britain is doing nothing ! Even though Britain helped make Israel in 1947 ! Don't complain that one kosher foods have been removed from ONE SHOP! Thousand of Palestinians are dying thanks to Jews !

Posted from TSR Mobile

So can I go and vandalise a Mosque in protest of the Islamic State?
Original post by Aki1aki

Please take your dismissal of Jew hatred elsewhere. It is not welcome on TSR.
Original post by Aki1aki

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is anti Jew! Vandalising UK synagogues does not affect Israel. Removing kosher products that were produced in the UK and the EU does not affect Israel, it is an attack on the Jewish community.
Thousands of people have been enslaved , brutalised, died and are dying thanks to Muslims! I can play that game too.
I'm glad you think protests are good, therefore I expect to see you leading a protest soon pressuring the British government to take action against ISIS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
And there's me ordering Soda Streams like crack.

Go Israel defeat the terrorists!
What about the woman badly beaten in Sweden for wearing a Star of David necklace: http://www.tlvfaces.com/swedish-woman-attacked-muslim-group-wearing-star-david/

I suppose that's Israel's fault for being the Jewish national country and using Jewish symbols :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Wonder how many people calling for a boycott of Israel are willing to boycott Intel, Google, HP, Cisco, IBM, and Boeing :biggrin:

It's far easier for them to just attack Jews, because they are hypocrites who don't want to live in the dark ages, but want to follow a dark aged agenda.
Reply 19
You pretty slow aren't you? You do know a lot of products give 20-30 % of there profits to fund Israel in weapons . This is why Muslims are protesting I can tell you're anti Islamic so I'm not going to say more why bother !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest