The Student Room Group

Growing taller

I am a 14 year old male and I am Filipino.

In October 2013, we had to measure our height and put it in order. Of course, I was the last one. :mad:

I went to London in August to see Windsor Castle. I saw them height charts through security. I tried it out and I am 4ft 11 now.

Is this a significant amount.

My family aren't really tall. Well, my mums side anyway. I haven't seen my dad's side.

What is my height when I'm fully grown up?

Scroll to see replies

I can't be sure about your height. I stopped growing at your age while others continued to grow. So I went from being one of the tallest (at start of Year 7) to one of the shortest (at start of Sixth Form)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
I can't be sure about your height. I stopped growing at your age while others continued to grow. So I went from being one of the tallest (at start of Year 7) to one of the shortest (at start of Sixth Form)

Can I ask how tall you are?
5'7 (ish)
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
5'7 (ish)

I wish I was that height. Damm :mad:

Could I not have tablets to increase my height?

Do you think I have a medical problem? :confused:
Reply 5
It is the time of puberty age you will grow more, so no need to worry.
Reply 6
Original post by Nurein
It is the time of puberty age you will grow more, so no need to worry.

I do hope so. I hate this height. I'm going into Year 10 and I'm still flipping 4ft 11!
Reply 7
Dear there is no need to worry you are just 14 now so your weight is to grow if you want to increase height then try cycling or any other exercise.
Reply 8
The thing is I am a Filipino so the average height is very small compared to England and America. I am nearly my mums height and my dad is about 2 inches taller.

This sucks so bad..

I hate it when the majority of Year 7's are taller than you. At least they are getting smaller, but I just saw this guy in Year 7 who is flipping 6ft! He's around 11-12 and has managed to achieve that height!
I have looked into this a lot.

I believe it has everything to do with the following

vitamin d
vitamin k2
vitamin a

and magnesium.

People with higher vitamin d levels especially tend to be taller.

And vitamin d is actually a hormone, but is called a vitamin.
'Get your knees done' or get a better posture.
Well, I do hang out in the sun abit so I should get Vitamin D from there. Any foods rich in it?
Hi i need urgent help,

I am an 18 year old male and i am 5'5 to 5'6.
Will it be possible for me to grow 1-2 inches?
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 14 year old male and I am Filipino.

In October 2013, we had to measure our height and put it in order. Of course, I was the last one. :mad:

I went to London in August to see Windsor Castle. I saw them height charts through security. I tried it out and I am 4ft 11 now.

Is this a significant amount.

My family aren't really tall. Well, my mums side anyway. I haven't seen my dad's side.

What is my height when I'm fully grown up?

Freaked me out a bit cos the timestamp on your post says 1970...haha.

Usually people grow to roughly similar height of their parents. That's what I've seen about my friends, and myself.

My mum (Filipina) is only like 5', and my dad (English) is about 5'7 or 5'8.
I've stopped growing and I'm 5'4.

Does one of your parents smoke or drink a lot? My friend is 19 now but she's only 4'10 I think, she's short and has health problems because her dad smoked and drank a LOT of alcohol before she was conceived, and this really affected her growth.

In the end, whatever height you grow to, everyone is different and you just have to learn to accept it and embrace it. :smile:
literally this advice is so hard to take but I was searching endlessly about this until I was near 17 but you just have to accept it

and whenever you think about the drawbacks of it and fantasise about how life would be, just stop

it eats away at your soul
Original post by louieee
literally this advice is so hard to take but I was searching endlessly about this until I was near 17 but you just have to accept it

and whenever you think about the drawbacks of it and fantasise about how life would be, just stop

it eats away at your soul

I absolutely disagree

I will make this as simple as possible

You need

vitamin d
vitamin k2
vitamin a

and niacin

Those are the most common 4 supplements used and talked about on grow taller discussions and forums. It is scientific and absolutely not genetic, but vitamin D is most important for growth.
Original post by democracyforum
I absolutely disagree

I will make this as simple as possible

You need

vitamin d
vitamin k2
vitamin a

and niacin

Those are the most common 4 supplements used and talked about on grow taller discussions and forums. It is scientific and absolutely not genetic, but vitamin D is most important for growth.

vitamin D can't make you grow taller than your genetic potential mate
Original post by louieee
vitamin D can't make you grow taller than your genetic potential mate

I never said it could

it works in synergy with vitamin k2 , vitamin a and magnesium. they all work in synergy. one vitamin by itself is useless

Look at the work of weston a price

when native tribes adopted a western diet, the new generation had tooth decay, were smaller, and different facial structure

obviously you have a limit on how much you can grow. that's obvious, be realistic, but you should at least be given the chance during childhood to reach your potential
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Miladrises
Hi i need urgent help,

I am an 18 year old male and i am 5'5 to 5'6.
Will it be possible for me to grow 1-2 inches?

If you were a late-bloomer as they say then it's quite possible you will still grow. I was 5ft 6 till I was late 15 then over the summer and up until about christmas (5 months later) I was 5ft 10 and now 9 months after that I'm 6ft 1 so anythings possible.
Original post by DecantedOrange
If you were a late-bloomer as they say then it's quite possible you will still grow. I was 5ft 6 till I was late 15 then over the summer and up until about christmas (5 months later) I was 5ft 10 and now 9 months after that I'm 6ft 1 so anythings possible.

Oh i see. I have facial hair i dont know if that means anything?

Latest