The Student Room Group

Do you think make up is essential for any girl to look pretty?

Scroll to see replies

If people think that then they have insecurities about themselves!
Girls who rely on makeup to look pretty- I feel sorry for them.

It's not essential but of course it deceives men. Make up is just an artificial piece of ****.
Only if you have skin disfigurements.
No but it does improve a girls appearance provided it is not caked on making her look like a clown.
No. Definitely not.
The problem is it has become the norm so if you do without you tend to be seen as young. I have trouble getting into 15 certificate without make up and even then I struggle. :rolleyes:

As for being 'pretty' I don't think guys realise how much make up is used for certain looks and what they see as 'natural' is probably mascara and foundation. :tongue:
No. Why would anyone want to rely on make up? That would be awful. :erm:
No
No it's not but i think some people look way better with it.By that i dont mean prettier, i mean it brings color and brightness to some faces.But this usually works for average.Because ugliness is ugliness. It's like hepatitis b you can't do much about it :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Not at all!
If done right it works as a beauty enhancer at best
Reply 12
Not in the slightest!

It's not essential but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make a positive effect when done correctly.

I wonder, would I be able to make myself look prettier with make up?
I don't wear make up and I reckon I still look like a Grecian marble statue.
Not exactly, but I think everyone looks better with makeup

I don't think people look "ugly" without it but I do find most makeup free faces plain
It's definitely not essential to look pretty but it definitely does help accentuate a person's attractive features. Personally I have some makeup-free days where I feel hella attractive ;D but some days where I do wear makeup and feel like I'm barely below-average-looking.

It's a lot to do with the person's confidence too so if the confidence and fortunate features are already there? Makeup isn't needed to look 'pretty'. Even if the features aren't there, a personality can make you look past it and see them as 'pretty' anyway. If the confidence isn't there at all then makeup is less likely to help but it is definitely a confidence booster for a lot so can work as well.

Most people do look better with makeup, yes, but I wouldn't say it was needed to make them 'pretty'.
No. I think most girls look better without. Make up can add to certain features or go with an outfit but I don't think it guarantees that the girl will look any better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you see a very attractive girl you can almost guarantee she has puts loads of make up.I want to see photo examples of people without make up to see whether they can be pretty.There is no problem with make up just put it on and make yourself look attractive I believe ugly girls can get pretty with make up and I have often seen people/pictures of people with little make up and thought they were ugly but then they showed pictures with make up and they were actually beautiful and its incredibly suspicious that girls look 10 times prettier on a night out I'm sure its makeup, girls risk guys thinking they are ugly by not putting loads on all the time.
I have never met a girl who didn't look 100 times more attractive without makeup.
Original post by cole-slaw
I have never met a girl who didn't look 100 times more attractive without makeup.

Then they aren't applying it right

Quick Reply

Latest