The Student Room Group

Can i apply again if i defer my offer this year

I have get a offer and the university approve me to defer the offer to the entry of 2015. Can i apply 5 more schools through ucas this year for better school?
Thank you very much!
Nope, UCAS won't let you apply again if you're already holding a confirmed offer. You have to cancel the one you're currently holding then reapply.
Reply 2
zjq
OP
Original post by audi_turbo
Nope, UCAS won't let you apply again if you're already holding a confirmed offer. You have to cancel the one you're currently holding then reapply.

Thank you for your reply. That's really helpful.
What will happen if you keep your deferred place and still apply! !! Because it let's you create a whole new login and application?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
What will happen if you keep your deferred place and still apply! !! Because it let's you create a whole new login and application?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once you pay and send your application allegedly gets stuck in the system and won't get sent to the universities. That's what I was told at least.
Reply 5
Original post by audi_turbo
Once you pay and send your application allegedly gets stuck in the system and won't get sent to the universities. That's what I was told at least.

No, it deliberately gets cancelled, aling with your previous application

Posted from TSR Mobile
What how do you know? So they both get immediately cancelled once they find out???:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lozasaurus99
What how do you know? So they both get immediately cancelled once they find out???:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. And they will find out, because of your name/address/date of birth etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zjq
I have get a offer and the university approve me to defer the offer to the entry of 2015. Can i apply 5 more schools through ucas this year for better school?
Thank you very much!

You're only way to apply to other universities would be yo submit an application through I as and reapply to the place you have an offer from as one of your choices as I believe you cannot hold an offer and reapply through UCAS.
Original post by Juno
Yes. And they will find out, because of your name/address/date of birth etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh noo! !! It is deception to them sort of.. I was planning on keeping my clearing offer deferred & then reapplying for 2015 else well. I phoned ucas and the lady kept asking me for my ucas id/name:yep: so I said a fake name because I wanted to remain anonymous- she wasn't helpful at all with my enquiry. At least now I know what will happen if I do that!! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest