The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karmacrunch
Still annoyed with the parents and the 14 year old should have said something. The 19 year old should have had more sense... Omg. :facepalm:

Very messed up indeed. I'll reply to my wall now. Sorry.

Same here. Sometimes it's just appalling. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha you've got so much to learn about boys.
You'll meet boys of all types. This particular 19 year old is a type of guy who like to be in control, the boss, manipulate easy young girls. It happens unfortunately!
Original post by bittr n swt
Haha you've got so much to learn about boys.
You'll meet boys of all types. This particular 19 year old is a type of guy who like to be in control, the boss, manipulate easy young girls. It happens unfortunately!

I do. It's worse for me because I go to an all-girls. I'll have learn slowly. *rolls eyes*
I know. It's annoying and depressing to know that characters like this exist. Did any of the girl's friends say anything about it? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do. It's worse for me because I go to an all-girls. I'll have learn slowly. *rolls eyes*
I know. It's annoying and depressing to know that characters like this exist. Did any of the girl's friends say anything about it? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just don't get taken advantage of and you'll be fine:smile:

I didn't know the 14 year old but I knew the 19 year old fairly well as he was friends with my sister.
Not many people knew about this lol. lol
Original post by bittr n swt
Just don't get taken advantage of and you'll be fine:smile:

I didn't know the 14 year old but I knew the 19 year old fairly well as he was friends with my sister.
Not many people knew about this lol. lol

I won't allow myself to be taken advantage of. :redface:

Ooh. I'm not sure what to say. This whole thing has just annoyed me. The age gap isn't bad but at their ages it's just not advisory. O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeenReem
Wait until shes 16 ? So your telling this poor fella to wait for a whole year until he can start a relationship with her. Doesn't seem right to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not sure if you're being sarcastic so I'll assume you're not :tongue:

I feel that waiting till 16 is worthwhile if it contributes to a culture of doing so - makes cases of non-consensual sex less likely
Which is statutory rape...
Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's only rape if the "victim" is under 13. Otherwise it's just unlawful sexual activity.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Im not sure if you're being sarcastic so I'll assume you're not :tongue:

I feel that waiting till 16 is worthwhile if it contributes to a culture of doing so - makes cases of non-consensual sex less likely

I totally agree with you. However, common sense dictates that by the looks of it this fella isn't going to wait a whole year. I personally think in todays norms it has become 'common' for youngsters do permit sexual activity under age. Talking out of my own knowledge on a rough guess over half the teens below under the age of 16 have all done sexual activity. This can vary from ages between 13-15. That been said the law does not permit any sexual activity under the age of 16. What do you think are the chances you think this fella is willingly going to tell everyone that he had committed such activity ? Half of the people here don't even know what their saying. Stating that its 'fine' as long as theres nothing involved. I would like to think this guy is going to wait a 'whole year ' if he is in the relationship before getting up to such activity: but I very much doubt that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh atop caring about what everyone thinks. If it feels right and you get along just be with each other. Age ain't nothing but a number.
don't think it's right personally, too much of a difference in where you are in life and in terms of maturity (emotionally and sexually)
If it is an 18 year old woman approached by a 15 year old boy, it should not be accepted as being approached by men is (almost) illegal. If the roles were reversed and a man is approached by a female, it is okay because men like me crave the attention of any woman, regardless if it results in me being in the friend zone.
Original post by Merlot-Onous
When you did not defend them separately?
We have moral standards and legal obligations, you linked them without stating on which grounds either of these did not find this situation wrong.

I understand that but surely they do realise. Did you not wonder at the time what sort of losers those guys must be?

Since when was not saying something the same as saying them ? :s-smilie:
Considering this thread is not about morals and legalities I don't particularly want to spend time posting off topic. The OP asked and I answered, and I don't fancy being that person who has a massively intense debate because that's hella annoying haha.

Oh I'm sure some are losers especially at those ages. TBH then I didn't really think anything of it, maybe were I older and looking at it I may have been more scrutinizing but not then for sure. I mean when you consider that when older it's a normal if not tiny age difference then it's kinda part of some if not many guys' instincts to go for younger girls.

Original post by CJKay
That is really creepy and one of the guys at our school was pretty much socially outcasted in sixth form when we found out he had been doing just that.
It's just... wrong. 14 year olds are still children.

Would probably be weird if at the same school. Lol at my school a guy in year 12 fancying a younger year was the news of the century.
But I think that was a much less school-focused situation so not as noticeable at all.
I did it :dontknow: age gap was fine. Actually I'd been with him a year by the time were 15 and 18.
Reply 92
Can someone say illegal. Though I am a hypocrite, I was 15 with 24. :s-smilie: But I mean the rational answer is, illegal :s-smilie:
If they 'do anything' the older one will probably be done for statutory rape. :/

Small-ish age gap but not advisory at your ages. Even a 16 and 19 year isn't seen as good so you'll risk a lot with a 15 year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile

statutory rape is if person is under 13, 13-15 then its unlawful sexual intercourse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
I am 17, my girlfriend is 15. However, I am turning 18 before she turns 16, so there will be an overlap where I am 18 and she is 15.
In all honesty, it's down to multiple things. When I first met my girlfriend, I had no idea she was 2.5 years younger, I thought she was in my year or perhaps the year below. If it's a case like that, then it's not creepy or perverted. However if you want to be with a 15 year old girl because she looks young, that's not okay.
It also depends on your respective peer groups, which is rubbish but just how it is. My close friendship circle are all very accepting of our relationship and some of them are actually good friends with her. Vica versa for me and her friends.
I also get on well with her parents and family which is important. They have to be able to trust me to be responsible.

Basically it varies from situation to situation, I know other people who have tried and it hasn't worked out at all, but me and my girlfriend are going strong. It's dependent on so many factors I don't think you can answer it generally, it has to be taken on a per-situation basis.

Sorry for the long, rambling repetitive answer, it's almost 3:30am and I'm kinda tired.
Just enjoy the moment, true love??
Reply 96
I am personally 18 and my girlfriend is 15, we met when we were younger at secondary school. I was very weirded out at the prospect at first but we make it work. Obviously I get all the pedo gags and the police are coming for me but at the end of the day you can't help who you fall for. Just be very careful within the relationship though as many consider it wrong and within many countries it is also consider unlawful
Original post by sofiharvey
I think it's fine, I have been with guys before and it's been a 3-5 year difference and nothing sexual activity was there really, if you're okay with it then go for it, you shouldn't care what other people think!

What ages are these? I swear, 25 and a 30 year old is not comparable
I knew a 14/15-year-old guy going out with an18 year old girl. Whilst I found this a little creepy, they seemed to be happy, which in the long run is what matters....
Statutory rape can be used against the older one even if the younger one instigated the activities and the older one agrees.

Latest

Trending

Trending