The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lllllllllll
When I was in year eleven I didn't even think I'll go to university :eek: A lot can change between now and then!

Maybe by the time you're in year 13 you may want to study a completely different subject to what you have in mind right now. :smile:

Yh i did not think i would either. My teachers didnt want me to do maths a level lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
No i did them in Yr 12. Did SMC in 2013 115/125 and BMO1 40/60 and then BMO2 6/40 or 7 still not sure lol.
I am saying it is good you are interested in Yr 11. I was exposed to olympiads in Yr 12z

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's reassuring, thank you.
Original post by Melanie Leconte
Really? What did you do at the end?

I was sent to Asia after my GCSEs because my mum didn't want me to play on my xbox all summer. I knew I'd get bored quite quickly (because I go to Asia quite a lot) so I bought next years maths text books and took them with me. It made school the following year quite easy and helped a lot with academic progress. However since that point I've found all my maths lessons incredibly boring!

Yh i did not think i would either. My teachers didnt want me to do maths a level lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh same with chemistry for me. It may sound ridiculous but my call of duty clan started code naming ourselves after elements in the periodic table and that actually saved my chemistry grades very early on. I think if it wasn't for call of duty I may have taken dual award science for GCSE and ultimately ended up dropping sciences for A Level all together.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was sent to Asia after my GCSEs because my mum didn't want me to play on my xbox all summer. I knew I'd get bored quite quickly (because I go to Asia quite a lot) so I bought next years maths text books and took them with me. It made school the following year quite easy and helped a lot with academic progress. However it had also made the maths incredibly boring!

Ahh same with chemistry for me. It may sound ridiculous but my call of duty clan started code naming ourselves after elements in the periodic table and that actually saved my chemistry grades very early on. I think if it wasn't for call of duty I may have taken dual award science for GCSE and ultimately ended up dropping sciences for A Level all together.

In my case I love all the sciences but I prefer Maths by far.
Although I am expected to get 11 A*, I can't wait to finish these exams, get rid of the other subjects and focus on my A levels and STEP.
I paid £47...I'm sure it's cheaper though.

NB: I'm only doing one STEP paper

Yeh the papers cost around that much but they made mw pay for invigilation aswell
I was sent to Asia after my GCSEs because my mum didn't want me to play on my xbox all summer. I knew I'd get bored quite quickly (because I go to Asia quite a lot) so I bought next years maths text books and took them with me. It made school the following year quite easy and helped a lot with academic progress. However since that point I've found all my maths lessons incredibly boring!

Cod? I play way too much cod! You play AW?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cod? I play way too much cod! You play AW?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I played a lot back in the days of WAW and MW2 with all the noobtubes, danger close, OMA, etc. etc. I haven't played any of the new CoDs yet, I play mainly Destine and GTA V when I'm on the Xbox One.
I played a lot back in the days of WAW and MW2 with all the noobtubes, danger close, OMA, etc. etc. I haven't played any of the new CoDs yet, I play mainly Destine and GTA V when I'm on the Xbox One.

So you were that guy, i used get so angry with those people lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you were that guy, i used get so angry with those people lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not as bad as Model 1887 Akimbo/FMJ (especially on Rust), they were hilarious before the patch.
Original post by Gawain
Not as bad as Model 1887 Akimbo/FMJ (especially on Rust), they were hilarious before the patch.

Oh yh 😂 that was horrendous. Ranger was pretty bad aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
STEP II 2003
Answered a full 6. Got all 6 matching the tsr solutions except for Q1 part iii where i did find that value and the correct solutions but didnt justify because i didnt know how to. How many marks would be dropped? Max 4 ?
Btw i figured out the justification after when doing the kast part but rushed to do the rest of the paper. Just want to know around how many marks i would lose on this part. For not justifying how this minimum came about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
In the process of doing a mock right now, past 2 A.M, so I'm pausing my timer and continuing tomorrow. I've got an hour left on the clock and four solutions. It's mostly crap though, I hope the boundaries are low on this one. The projectiles question is just... da*** on this. STEP I 2011. :frown:
Original post by Zacken
In the process of doing a mock right now, past 2 A.M, so I'm pausing my timer and continuing tomorrow. I've got an hour left on the clock and four solutions. It's mostly crap though, I hope the boundaries are low on this one. The projectiles question is just... da*** on this. STEP I 2011. :frown:

THe boundaries are lower. 86 for a S and 66 for a 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
THe boundaries are lower. 86 for a S and 66 for a 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be lucky to hit 70 at this rate. :tongue:

I think I've just go to learn some more mechanics so I can attempt collision questions as well, for the moment, I'm just stuck on projectiles. :biggrin:
Reply 3374
Original post by Zacken
I'll be lucky to hit 70 at this rate. :tongue:

I think I've just go to learn some more mechanics so I can attempt collision questions as well, for the moment, I'm just stuck on projectiles. :biggrin:

I haven't looked at the paper (saving for a mock I guess), but is the pure particularly hard as well?
Original post by 0x2a
I haven't looked at the paper (saving for a mock I guess), but is the pure particularly hard as well?

I can see about 3 really pretty pure ones. The rest is just bleurgh. Not my kinda thing, too much trig! :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
I can see about 3 really pretty pure ones. The rest is just bleurgh. Not my kinda thing, too much trig! :tongue:

Trig aint that bad when you yse the unit circle. Imo in makes stuff easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a look at the paper. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Take a look at the paper. :tongue:

I shall soon enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

how does a circular with radius 1 help you so much?has this got something to do with turning through angles(finding multiple angles that satisfy trig equations?)-I just find using formulas is much easier than drawing diagrams(these formulas also help you a lot when doing algebraic trig).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending